Motivation

Options
Okay I been doing a diet for the last 4 weeks. At first it was going good but now I am struggling to keep it going. The reason why is because I hate routine when it comes to diet and exercise. I have to have variety. So if you guys can help me please give me some advice. Give me some ideas of things that work for you like maybe the type of meals your eating or what type of exercise you are doing.

Replies

• ShayNicole522
    ShayNicole522 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As far as exercise goes, trying looking for different classes in your area. Not sure where you're from but if you live near a big city, I'm sure they offer classes all over the place such as Zumba (you can burn up to 600 calories AND have fun) yoga, swim, etc. When it comes to food, try having theme days. For instance, my boyfriend is a big meat eater, me, not so much. So we have meatless mondays. I devote wednesdays to vegan eating and thursdays are juicing. It makes me think outside the box and come up with creative ideas so I won't get bored (this coming from a person who gets bored very quickly)

I hope this helps!
  • latoyasmith1985
    latoyasmith1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Actually that is helpful.
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Can I just say I HATE the word DIET!!!!!!!! Okay...breathe....you should be working on a LIFE STYLE CHANGE, if you plan to succeed you have to figure out what works for you and the only way to get there is to experiment with doing different things. You will fail...but get back up and try something else...but mainly my advise is you must eat right, you have to learn to choose foods you LOVE and that are good for your body and you have to EXERCISE....whether it's walking or light cardio or lifting weights...

You have to learn to eat where you are satisfying your body and not looking for the alternative. What type of exercise are you doing now? You can never get away from this....exercise and eating right go hand and hand...I learned the hard way.
  • latoyasmith1985
    Options
    Yea I understand what you are saying. Lately I been doing workout dvds such as taebo. That is cool but I am also getting bored with it.. My Meals suck bc its not creative, and its not creative bc I usually dont have time to cook bc of my work schedule. So I am always cooking something quick. I just need to do something exciting to keep me motivated.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself craving something new, browse the recipe forums on here, reddit.com/r/fitmeals, choocolatecoveredkatie.com, skinnytaste.com, and other healthy recipe forums/blogs. There are tons of them.

For exercise, find something you enjoy doing. I could never be one of those people that just runs on the treadmill for hours. I feel like a hamster on a wheel. However, I love lifting. There are plenty of ways to get exercise, find the one you like. Maybe a spin class or zumba?
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    If you want something fun to do - you know I do Turbo Fire -- and since TaeBo is on the same lines...you should give it a try. I'm totally addicted and have reason too -- my body is changing for the good and I can't wait to exercise everyday to it. You do have to switch it up because being bored is no fun.

Explore smoothies too -- they are a great way to get your fruit, veggies and protein all-in-one....plus its quick and easy...Good luck, we are already friends, so I will be checkin in on you!
  • latoyasmith1985
    Options
    Thanks I will.
  • MzSharp79
    MzSharp79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To echo everyone's comments, its a lifestyle change. When your body has been so use to the bad food, inactivity, etc, it is hard to break that pattern. Like the saying says "it takes 3 months to make something a habit", just don't give in yet, give your body time to get accustomed to the different routine. And switching up your foods and exercise is key. I do strength training, bootcamp, machines, dancing, walking, riding my bike when it is warm outside and running. Its like trial and error, keep trying new things until you find something you enjoy. As far as not having time for meals...let me tell you, we make time for all of the things we want to. Even if you do have to eat out, make healther choices, like salads without all the heavy dressing, soups (no heavy creams), smoothies (good to make them yourself), etc. A couple quick meals I use when I don't have a lot of time is pan seared tilapia with fresh sauteed spinach with garlic (meal takes less than 30 minutes) sprinkle some pico de gallo on top and boom...lol! My girlfriend makes lettuce wrap with ground turkey (less than 15 minutes) each serving is around 63 calories. So go search for healthy meals. Stay motivate:smile girlfriend! :smile:
  • latoyasmith1985
    Options
    Thanks for the response everyone.