BMI is a lie

Options
2»

Replies

• iowachapman
    iowachapman Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Need to make it clear ones weight is not always a indicator of ones health, there are thin people at perfect weight who have WAY HIGH cholesterol and blood pressure, and they do no exercise and eat out all the time.

Just like recently the diabetic foundation wanted to have diabetics with a A1C under 6, so the docs were shoving more and more meds at the patients trying to push their A1C numbers down, what they found was that do to over medicating the side affects were causing MORE damage than the benefit of trying to force down glucose levels under 6. So they changed that rule to say that a A1C of 6 is good and doctors would stop pushing more drugs onto the patients that were having other adverse side affects.

I rarely get colds, and very very rarely do I get the flu, i refuse to take the flu shot... so how does my health equate to bad yet there are thin healthy people who get sick all the time and get the flu year after year.. those are not all indicators but again dont judge ones health based on their weight, my wife's grandmother is severely obese and is in her 90s and she diabetic to boot.. she still can walk around. This doesnt mean we should not care about weight, just means heavy does not equate to horrible health.