30 Day Shred It cardio alternatives

I just began Shred It Level 2 this morning and my shin splints started acting up again with all the jumping around for the cardio portion. Does anyone have alternative cardio exercises that don't involve jumping/running?

Replies

• jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    oh no, does level 2 have a lot of jumping?! I'm on day 9 of level 1 and my shin splints are acting up. I think its from the jumping jacks and butt kicks...
  • FightingMongeese
    FightingMongeese Posts: 17 Member
    The punches/ fist jabs from level 1 get my heart rate right up!
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    oh no, does level 2 have a lot of jumping?! I'm on day 9 of level 1 and my shin splints are acting up. I think its from the jumping jacks and butt kicks...

I think my shin splints started acting up from all the jumping in Level 1, I just started Level 2 today and couldn't do some of the cardio because it hurt too much. There were one or two cardio exercises if I remember correctly that didn't involve jumping so I was able to do those. I sort of just danced with my upper body for most of the cardio portion hahaha.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Punching, mountain climbers, skaters (just step side to side instead of jump), modified low-impact jumping jacks, etc..

The simplest would just be punching, imo, but do whatever you like.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Just choose othe cardio routines from the previous level that didn't bother you and replace them with the ones that do. Jump ahead to level 3 and see what other options she has and incorporate those as well.
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Jump ahead to level 3 and see what other options she has and incorporate those as well.

Great idea, I didn't even think of that!