Low calorie ideas for a salad dressing????

Options
I plan on having a salad for dinner, and instead of using Ranch I need great ideas on what to use as a dressing. One thing I can say is I DO NOT like any type of oil/vinegar style dressing.....

Thank you :happy:

Replies

• wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice, a bit of vinegar, toss it with some cottage cheese...if it's ranch specifically that you're missing, I'm sure you could use some Greek yogurt with garlic and onion powder, oregano-really whatever seasonings you like.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    paprika powder. great flavor on top of salad. NO cal!
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Salsa

Greek yogurt with herbs and garlic.

Lemon/lime juice.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take some greek yogurt, thin it out with just a tablespoon or less of milk, depending on much/little I'm making and then a sprinkle of hidden valley ranch seasoning mix.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    If you like taco salads, some nonfat sour cream mixed with salsa is pretty tasty. Adding lime and hot sauce is optional but gives a nice punch of flavor.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    125 gr of light yogurt
    2 table spoons of mustard

It's around 50-60 cal ( depends on the yogurt ). And just mix it very good. Great for green leaves/sea food salads :)
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you like taco salads, some nonfat sour cream mixed with salsa is pretty tasty. Adding lime and hot sauce is optional but gives a nice punch of flavor.
    I like to use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream..better for you and pretty close in taste! However if you can't tell, I use Greek yogurt for just about everything D:
  • Tiffanie0407
    Options
    kens thai peanut dressing its low delicious and a little spicy 70 calories (2 tbsp)
  • mnearing2000
    Options
    I make a dressing with miso, honey, water, pepper, and a touch of soy sauce. Sometimes I add plum or hoisin sauce.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Honey Dijon. I don't buy many items that are processed, but this one is low-calorie, tasty and I use just a little. Google it.
  • janisdianis
    janisdianis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow a lot of great ideas everybody, thank you!!! :smile:
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Goya Recaito - its an herb blend and totally delicious
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've done greek yogurt with seasonings added to taste.
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes a line of yogurt salad dressings. The Ranch one is delicious, and only 45 calories per serving :)
  • Terrymichelle
    Terrymichelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a great dressing recipe for ranch. It is SUPER low calorie and it's very tasty. A little bit more zingy than regular ranch but still yummy.

1 c of Greek Yogurt
    1/4 c of skim milk
    1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Strawberry / Pear Balsamic Vinegar! We get it at a local Oil & Vinegar place. They have tons of flavors. Low cal and yummy!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Zero calorie salad dressing. They have a lot of flavors, or just plain salsa about 10 cal per tbsp.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I love Bolthouse yogurt dressings. The salsa ranch and regular ranch are my favorites but the Parmesan and honey mustard are also good. They are just hard to find. But the stats are great for store bought dressings.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms. Calorie, fat, sodium, etc free and it tastes great!
  • janisdianis
    janisdianis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream..better for you and pretty close in taste! However if you can't tell, I use Greek yogurt for just about everything D:

I have never really liked the greek yogurt. I think it was because it wasn't as sweet as regular yogurt. Now I am curious to see if I would like it like that!! Ty