Low-cal brownie recipe?

Options
Hi everyone!

Brownies are my absolute weakness- and I simply can't live without them!
I was wondering if anyone had seen or tried a really good brownie recipe that was <100cal for a serving (and also delicious!).

Thanks so much!!

Abi :)

Replies

• curlygirly80
    Options
    Gonna sound gross but they are really good! Google Black bean brownies and you will get a whole bunch of recipes. You dont taste the bean and they come out so fudgy. Hope you try and like!
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Hmmm...that definitely sounds intriguing! Especially if they don't taste too "bean-y"!
    I will have to give that a try!

Has anyone heard of banana brownies? I was wondering if they were good, and if they had the same texture as brownies (or if they were more squishy)?
  • WatchMeSoar
    WatchMeSoar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Try hungrygirl.com she has some really really great ones here is my favorite one (though it was a tough choice) And the best part ONE SERVING perfect portion control (I'm weak so very weak lololol)

HG Style Hot Fudge 'n Brownie Sundae

PER SERVING (entire sundae): 190 calories, 2g fat, 116mg sodium, 41g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 27g sugars, 4g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate... and MORE chocolate. AHHHHHHHH!

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup Breyers Fat Free French Chocolate ice cream
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
    1 tbsp. traditional fudge brownie mix
    2 tsp. Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup
    1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1/2 tsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)

Directions:
    Place brownie mix in a small microwave-safe dish (like a ramekin). Add egg substitute and 1/2 tsp. water, and mix well. Microwave for 45 seconds, and then let sit for 5 minutes. Then, use a fork to break it up and crumble into brownie bits (use your fingers, too -- just make sure your hands are clean!). Place ice cream in a dessert dish, and top with brownie bits. Set aside.

Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe dish, and cover with syrup. Microwave for 45 seconds, and then mix well. Pour sauce over the brownie bits and ice cream. Dig in!!!

MAKES 1 SERVING
    HG Tip! Wondering what to do with the rest of your brownie mix? Make single-serving brownies by thoroughly mixing 2 tbsp. brownie mix with 1 tsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute and 1 tsp. water in a small dish and then microwaving for 1 minute. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then consume immediately! Your treat will contain around 106 calories, 2g fat, 22g carbs, and 1g fiber.
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    OMG!!!! That sounds heavenly! And the ONE SERVING part is definitely the best! I also have terrible self control! :blushing: haha!!

I cant wait to try this! I'm thinking I'll be having a brownie sundae every single night (without feeling guilty anymore!) :tongue:

Thanks so much for sharing!
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum! THANKS!
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bumping for that recipe!
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I make my brownies and cakes in cupcakes for serving control. For either one just mix a normal package of dry mix (of your choice) and a can of diet soda (also, of your choice). Add slowly because it will be foamy but stir it until its not anymore. I use any zero calorie soda that fits the flavor of cake, or just coke zero for brownies. Bake it a little longer than normal but it will be more moist than usual and tastes even better the next day! Brownie cupcakes are ~80-90 calories (i think?) And cupcakes are about 100 when i make frosting with lite coolwhip and sugar free pudding mix!
  • tanderson1000
    Options
    I just made these a couple days ago and my whole family loves them. I adapted them from a Skinnytaste.com recipe. I like them so much it is hard to eat just one!

1 - 18.25 oz Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix
    1 -1.4 oz pkg of sugar free, fat free, instant chocolate pudding
    1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
    1 1/3 cups water
    96 ea Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 cupcake pans (this will make 24 cupcakes) with Pam and spread around evenly.
    Combine pumpkin puree and water in a large bowl; mix to combine. Add chocolate pudding mix and mix well. Add chocolate cake mix and beat 2 minutes. Fill 24 cupcake tins 2/3 full and put 4 chocolate chips on each cupcake, press them into batter slightly. Bake about 27-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a couple minutes in pan then remove cupcakes and cool on cooling racks. These will fall slightly and end up kind of dense like a brownie...yum! Only 94 calories per brownie/cupcake.
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Yum that sounds delicious, tanderson!

My problem would definitely be eating just one! I can't wait to try those as well!
  • thatfitgaal
    Options
    I have found this absolutely fabulous website!

Here's the direct link - http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

She's a vegan and comes up with all these puddingy + other recipes which are actually super healthy! Just by looking at the ingredients it sounds disgusting but trust me, it really works xxx
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    How about a "TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK MUFFIN" for 95 calories/each?

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/triple-chocolate-chunk-muffins

ENJOY!!
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Maybe make brownies from scratch. just remove egg yolks, and sub stevia for sugar. haven't tried this yet. Baking from scratch is a chore.
  • msindependent79
    Options
    I use a Hungry Girl recipe I found last year. All you do is add 1 can of 100% pumpkin (libby's is the best) and 1 box of brownie mix. Pour evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake as directed on box. Averages about 88 calories per brownie muffin. If you go to hungrygirl.com she has a ton of yummy brownie recipes.
  • FabFran33
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/18701852

These are AWESOME!!!!

AND!!!

Only 70 calories per brownie!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The fiber one brownies are pretty good!! 90 calories!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The fiber one brownies are pretty good!! 90 calories!

I like the Fiber One Brownies as well...the trick though, is to put them in the microwave for 10 seconds, and they're about 50 times yummier!

(Just make sure not to go much over 10 seconds, or they WILL burn!)
  • juniebug2013
    juniebug2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to try all of them! Yummm!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Either zucchini or black bean brownies!