Speaking of scales...

Options
What kind of scale do you have? Do you like it? Is it digital or old fashion dial?

I ask because I have one of each....the old one(I can barely read anymore...yes it is that old!) is the "nice" scale....it says I way about 4lbs less. It's probably about 30 years old and I doubt it is very accurate. The digital can give me 5 different readings within seconds...also depends on how I am standing etc.....
I started my tracking on the digital so I try to stand in the exact same way(marked my foot marks with marker...yes, sad I know :ohwell: ) every time...I even make sure it is in the EXACT same spot/ position on my floor. Have to say...it's getting old. I want to buy a new scale so I would love to get some feedback on a GOOD ,accurate, reliable scale! Oh...and one that won't cost me an arm and a leg!

Replies

• htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Any scale other then the good old fashioned ones with the slider weights and I end up weighing myself two or three times. I'll get off and on two times and if the weight is the same on the digitial I'll use it. If it is different will do it two more times. Mine is a fairly old digital scale.

I am considering purchasing a new scale that calculates bf% based on impedience. If anyone has experience with these wuold also be interested..
  • Amyrae
    Amyrae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW. I thought mine was old. I have a Weight Watchers digital scale. I have had it over 10 years. It is acurate with their scales when I use to be a member and it is acurate with the scales at the gym that I weight in with once a week. It will also keep track of how much you lost. If I were to get a new one it would be the Weight Watchers brand because I know it works. Also I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have a glass digital and love it!!!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I use my wii
  • lizjohnson2169
    Options
    I just bought a digital that keeps track of the weight loss for two people. It's black and a generic brand. I got it from good ole wallyworld and DO NOT recommend it. The screen display doesn't work as good as it should.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a digital bought it at walmart for around $40. I like it the battery lasted in it for two years before I had to replace it and it was accurate as far as I know it always matched my doctors office scale. Its made by Taylor.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have been thru several scales and the ones I really like are the glass digital ones that weigh to 0.1 lbs. I do find that they seem to retain a memory weight, but I do a doulble weigh to combat this issue. I first zero the scale and then stand on it with a heavy object( I use my cat if he is around or a decorative rock I have in my bathroom)I then re-zero and weigh myself(same time evryday) This seems to do the trick if you are obsessive about the exact number as I am.:smile:
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    When I do weigh myself I use one that has memory settings for 4 people (their height + gender), and it also tells you your body fat. While I've never used calipers to measure my BF%, my scale typically shows within a percent of what Fat2Fit Radio calculates through measurements I input.
  • haleeodessa
    haleeodessa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Fitbit Aria scale. It syncs up to your fitbit and myfitnesspal accounts and records your weight hands free on it's own. It also sends your % body fat and body mass index (BMI). So far I love the thing. I step on each morning and it sends my information for me.

Great investment :)
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    using a withings wifi scale, it tracks my whole family without any issues and even updates other websites I use (endomondo and here)
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use my wii
    this ^
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I, also, have the FitBit Aria scale and it is AWESOME. I love the fact that I can watch my BF% move versus just how heavy my body is (which is not a great indicator of progress).

This is especially important as I started the New Rules of Lifting for Women and so I'm marking that BF% and wanting to push it DOWN, down, down, down!

But, yes. I HIGHLY recommend the FitBit Aria!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Fitbit Aria scale. It syncs up to your fitbit and myfitnesspal accounts and records your weight hands free on it's own. It also sends your % body fat and body mass index (BMI). So far I love the thing. I step on each morning and it sends my information for me.

I wanted that so bad. I cant because of my pacemaker. Have fun!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers digital, and i don't love it. I have to put it in the exact same spot on the floor every time or i get a different reading(I call it the skinny spot, because if I move it back or forward I get higher and different readings)! Could be that my floor is slightly uneven because its tile, but regardless....its annoying! I usually try to weigh myself at the gym, they have one of those good scales, like in a doctors office. The only problem is its fully clothed, and not 1st thing in the morning before breakfast, which is when I prefer to weigh.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've got some glass digital Weight Watchers scales and they've always seemed pretty accurate to me :)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

Concur. It was a splurge for me, but I like the gamification of the whole fitbit thing. It's been a good motivator. The bodyfat is WAAAAY off though (but at least it's moderately consistent). Or maybe I'm just way leaner in my legs than in my arms.
  • Scorpiio93
    Scorpiio93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii, though for the past 2 weeks it keeps saying I'm stuck at 73.5kg even though I lost weight since... The scales at the doctors say I'm 70kg... so I'm sticking with the doctors from now on, lol.
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I bought a glass digital of the Salter brand which weighs to 0.50g accuracy. I loves it.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers digital too, but it's pretty unreliable. It's only accurate within two or three pounds, so I have to lose significantly to know for sure I'm doing well.