Protein

Options
I am following a plan with 1270 calories. The system calculates that to be 48 grams of protein which converts to 1.69 ounces. That is much less than I'm used to eating and wonder if anyone could give me a sample of a daily menu to help me understand what to eat.

Thanks so much.

Replies

• ChristinaR720
    Options
    The default protein settings are low on MFP. I actually aim to go over on protein every day. Protein is good for you. Just eat it.
  • odadkins78
    Options
    i agree protien is always good for you.. its the carbs i think we should all worry about....
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like and look at my diary. I'm usually over on protein. =).
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am following a plan with 1270 calories. The system calculates that to be 48 grams of protein which converts to 1.69 ounces. That is much less than I'm used to eating and wonder if anyone could give me a sample of a daily menu to help me understand what to eat.

Thanks so much.

I'm confused...Are you thinking that you can only eat 1.69 ounces of chicken breast? 4 ounces of chicken contains around 20 grams of protein.

MFPs settings are really low. Most people shoot for 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body weight. Most people recommend getting a serving of protein with every meal.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'd bump that protein setting up to at least 25% or higher. I easily eat more than 2x the initial recommendation given on here