Hi.. new guy from UK

Options
Hi everyone..

I'm Tim from the UK, 35 and recently joined this website with my wife to help guide me in the right direction for fat & calorie intake.

I want to be able to fit into nice shirts I bought & used to fit into in 2007 without the buttons straining round my belly haha! I need to lose about 21lbs in total. I'm currently doing the Power 90 program, it's a bit cheesy but its the only work out I could find that isn't only designed for women & toning up bums lol!

I'm on day 6 of the P90.. and really enjoying the exercise which is shocking for me as I've never really exercised before. I've cut down on bread, alcohol, given up crisps & chocy and feel less bloated all ready.

Tim

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You sound determined and are doing this for the right reasons. Isn't it funny when you start eating real, healthy food, you realize it tastes good and is what your body craves. Those chips, candies, etc. won't even taste good soon. Good job on the PX90. I haven't tried it yet. Tell mom Happy Mother's Day! :flowerforyou:
  • galoot
    galoot Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :)

I cooked fish (rainbow trout) last night.. cooked in lemon juice, a little butter & a few garlic cloves in a little parcel. First time in ages I have cooked fish and it was sooo nice :)

I'm not fit enough yet for P90x so just doing the standard P90 for a while first so I don't injure myself.. is it mothers day in the US?? Mothers day here in the UK is usually in March.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also in the UK and am firmly committed to this great site! If you and your wife want to add people as friends, do feel free to add me! The encouragement and support is really key I think!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP.
    We have a UK group, feel free to join us:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/94623-team-uk-may-2010