Not losing weight need some help!

Options
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well. I just need some advice really. I am 143lbs 5ft 2in goal weight is 120lbs. I have been on1200 calories macros 35/25/40 c/f/p! I have been on this journey for 5months with 12 pounds lost so far. I can't understand where I am going wrong. I do hav odd days where I hav been over 1200 calories been out, birthday but other then that I have been good. I have recently started 30 day shred to help 6th day today. But my weightloss seems far too slow.

Please advice where I am going wrong cause I really need to lose the weight!! Any help is needed!!

Thanks xx

Replies

• princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope all is well. I just need some advice really. I am 143lbs 5ft 2in goal weight is 120lbs. I have been on1200 calories macros 35/25/40 c/f/p! I have been on this journey for 5months with 12 pounds lost so far. I can't understand where I am going wrong. I do hav odd days where I hav been over 1200 calories been out, birthday but other then that I have been good. I have recently started 30 day shred to help 6th day today. But my weightloss seems far too slow.

Please advice where I am going wrong cause I really need to lose the weight!! Any help is needed!!

Thanks xx

Anyone??
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we can see what you are eating and help you that way
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back exercise calories?

Weighing/measuring everything you eat and making sure you are logging accurately?
  • hCGWoman
    Options
    Cut the sugar and starch out of your diet and see if that helps. I just bet it will.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are under eating. You're netting way below 1200 on most days.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Had a quick look at your diary. If your logging is accurate then I suggest reading and following the road map thread posted above.

You're pretty close to your goal weight so it's likely that a higher calorie goal would be more appropriate.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Lionel Ritchie speaks the truth!
  • chipoper
    Options
    Unfortunately, I've been dealing with the same issue. I hadn't been able to drop off any pounds until today... nothing major but just 0.5 kg. I think I'm doing something wrong too but not sure what.

I'm getting 5-6 hours of sleep, am standing for about 6 hours a day at stretch (work), haven't had a soft drink in over 6 months, have never exceeded the 1200 cal goal. In fact, it's always been about 900-1000 cal a day.

I fail to understand what I'm doing wrong... Please, help a friend in need. Recommendation and guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think you are way too close to your goal to be eating so little. You need to fuel your body it you want it to work, especially if you are working out with a program like the 30 day shred. You need to figure out all your numbers: TDEE, BMR, etc if you haven't already. This will help you figure out how many calories your body needs to function. The clearest and simplest plan (and the one most people on here are pointing you to) is Dan's roadmap. He explains step by step what you need to do to calculate your numbers, set up MFP, etc. It's what I'm doing and it's working.

Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Good luck!

And feel free to add me if you want some support. :)
  • Lanae7
    Lanae7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow...your post is ME!! Same weight, same goal, but I can't seem to lose either. I am changing my calorie intake a bit. I wouldn't go over 1200 calories, or eat my exercise calories either, lost a bit, but than it stalled. I am going to try 1500 calories for a week or two and see where that takes me. Could it be your sodium intake? I will also be watching that to see if it makes a difference, it could be water retention too.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Eating too little causes this problem. Thousands of threads about it. Follow the link beecee13 gave you. You may gain a little at first or you may not. I didn't when I upped my calories.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Wow...your post is ME!! Same weight, same goal, but I can't seem to lose either. I am changing my calorie intake a bit. I wouldn't go over 1200 calories, or eat my exercise calories either, lost a bit, but than it stalled. I am going to try 1500 calories for a week or two and see where that takes me. Could it be your sodium intake? I will also be watching that to see if it makes a difference, it could be water retention too.

Stick with it for a month before you decide if it's working. You may see a gain in scale weight at first, that's just your body adjusting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Unfortunately, I've been dealing with the same issue. I hadn't been able to drop off any pounds until today... nothing major but just 0.5 kg. I think I'm doing something wrong too but not sure what.

I'm getting 5-6 hours of sleep, am standing for about 6 hours a day at stretch (work), haven't had a soft drink in over 6 months, have never exceeded the 1200 cal goal. In fact, it's always been about 900-1000 cal a day.

I fail to understand what I'm doing wrong... Please, help a friend in need. Recommendation and guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Read the road map thread. You're eating too little.
  • princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

I'm glad someone can see it from my point if view. Everyone is advising increasing my calories! I just hope that will work? Are you exercising?
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough if you eat below your bmr which is the calories you would need if you were in a coma your body thinks it is starving. Sleep 7-8 hrs a night. Your body was meant to get that much to repair itself
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are under eating. You're netting way below 1200 on most days.

This was my first thought. Please do some reading and researching about TDEE and how that, minus a small deficit, is the way to go. At your age, 1200 is way too low. Your BMR is most likely a bit higher. The body learns to maintain on that and then you stall out. From there you get frustrated, give up , eat too much and then gain.........then eat too little again to lose......then stall.. It is a terrible cycle and called yo-yo dieting. You just don't want to do that.

I fully recommend the "in place of a road map" and "eat more 2 weigh less" forum threads. It can turn stalling out in to losing again!

Best!!