p90x help?

Options
how can you find out how many calories you burn in an hour of p90x?

Replies

• packerena
    packerena Posts: 26
    Options
    Have you ever thought of buying a HR monitor? I'm a group fitness instructor and I just bought one to track how many calories I burn each day - primarily in Zumba class. Each Zumba class can vary widely. It wasn't cheap, but I'm sooooo glad I bought the heart rate monitor. I bought the Polar FT60.

Super cute profile picture, btw! Good luck!
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use a HR monitor. I use a Timex
  • jermee
    jermee Posts: 15
    Options
    To get an accurate count you need a heart rate monitor. I started using mine recently and it has become a great tool. Got it for around $45 on amazon. Timex. I started P90x this morning and burned 700 or so doing the work outs. The harder you push yourself the more you will burn, just don't over do it.
  • lilykarger
    lilykarger Posts: 25
    Options
    sounds good thanks guys!!
  • Ramrod19
    Ramrod19 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing INSANITY and i feel it in the workouts, a lot. But its only been five days so far so i have not seen much difference. But i have a feeling after a month i will. I have heard good things about p90x, i have also hear after that program is done buy insanity and do that one.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Everyone should have a good heart rate monitor that tracks your calories burned during any type of exercise. You even get some cardio effect while doing strength training so you can log your calories for that as well. Each person burns cals differently, so it's best to get one - preferrably one with a chest strap. It's a little weird feeling at first, but you get used to it. BE AWARE: there are heart rate monitors out there that only track your heart rate - so make sure it tracks calories burned as well!!

Good luck with the X! It's an awesome workout!!!
    Tina
  • kimberlymejia
    Options
    I have read on sites that the average calorie burn for each of the P90X videos is 550 - 620. I am about to begin Week 9 and it has helped tremendously with weight loss, strength and I am seeing definition. Great program.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You really should try to follow the nutrition guide in terms of calories.

"In general, P90X Nutrition Plan caloric calculations are ample for some weight loss. If you aren't losing weight, try zig-zagging your caloric intake by eating less on some days and "normally" on others. This forces you into a caloric deficit without depriving your body of the nutrients it needs to recover."

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_012.do?code=P90XNEWS_014_ART_012_ARTICLE1#article1
  • lilykarger
    Options
    thank you everyone you have all helped alot!
  • lilykarger
    Options
    hr monitor bought
  • gregabbott
    gregabbott Posts: 1
    Options
    I use what they say on page 5 of the nutrition guide...600 calories per day.
  • Sweatin
    Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started phase 2 today of the doubles. I'm also using a heart rate moniter. Over 1500 calories burned doing 2 hours total!! Good luck. I've noticed a huge change in my body with in the 30 days I've been doing it, I've gotten stronger and very toned, especially in my upper body.
  • lilykarger
    Options
    that is so awesome sweatin i cant wait to see the difference!