Finished the mini!

Options
Healthz1
Healthz1 Posts: 4 Member
I'm down 64 pounds and never would have considered myself in any shape to do races. I never even ran when the phone was ringing....that's why I have an answering machine! Anyway, I finished the mini marathon yesterday. I didn't break any records with a 3:07:51 finishing time....but I did something so outside of my comforte zone, that I broke a record for ME--I signed up, trained for, and completed it. I have the medal and the t-shirt to prove it, too! Anything is possible.....I have 16 pounds to go to reach my goal weight--now it's time to refocus on that and get on with the next challenge--whatever that may be!

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! :happy:
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • lalawitheca
    lalawitheca Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats! I've done the mini myself and I know how much of an accomplishment it is. I havent done it for years, but I hope to do it again one day.

You are now in an elite group of people. Less than 1 percent of all the people in the world have done what you just did.

:flowerforyou:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Good for you!!!
    And you are absolutely right--TIME does not matter. What matters is you set a goal and achieved it. You moved your body 13.1 miles, on foot. How many people DO that?
    (I once came DEAD LAST in a half marathon, thank you very much. All that was left at the finish were two guys sitting on the bed of a truck to record my time and some scraps of food. But they were good scraps, let me tell you!)
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • startfromscratch
    Options
    Congratulations! You should definitely be proud of yourself.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Did you do the Indy mini? My sister was there yesterday! I was so jealous
  • Healthz1
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for all of your wonderful comments. Yes...it was the Indy mini--so many people there! Less than one percent, huh? How cool is that? Thanks again....I feel so accomplished! : )
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have already decided that I want and will do this next year. How did you train?

Congrats on a wonderful accomplishment!
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!!!
  • Healthz1
    Options
    If you go to the mini marathon website (or just google "training for a mini marathon") you'll find their training guide. You can print out the walk/run or run/walk training schedule (depending on whether you want to walk most of it or run most of it) and follow what it says. It works wonderfully--just take it one week at a time or you'll get overwhelmed. I thought there would be no way I could do some of those later weeks--but it's amazing how quickly your body adapts! Go for it....it really is fun and not nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!