In for the long haul but also being real....

Options
Just an observation, but of the 25 or so diaries I have looked at just to come up with some more ideas of things to eat, I have yet to see someone post any acoholic drinks! I have started exercising regularly and tracking what I eat but boy do I like to have my wine, maybe a margarita, a beer? You get my drift! LOL I track all my points when I have a drink. And since starting two weeks ago, I have lost 4 pounds and 1 1/2 inches off my waist, an inch off my hips and a 1/2 inch off my neck. I know it could be better but I also don't want to kid myself and be miserable. I love doing JM's 30DS and spinning and feel as long as I keep up with the exercise and healthy eating, I don't need to give up my vino!

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm not a drinker (just really don't like it), but most of the people on my FL indulge in wine or drinks fairly regularly. No reason to give up things you enjoy as long as you can fit them in to your overall goals. It's totally possible to lose weight while indulging in wine & booze (or whatever other "sinful" things you enjoy).
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I let myself go get a margarita or a crown and coke at least once a week! It's how I keep my sanity :smile:

This is a lifestyle change. You shouldn't feel miserable, so keep on w/ the wine!!!!
  • koetjemama
    koetjemama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOL! I am keepin on keepin on girl! But I have noticed that I have gotten to be a "lightweight" since I have been working out/ watching what I eat. Fortunately my husband likes it! He says I'm a cheap date!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've tried to cut back my drinking since starting on MFP, but I definitely still like to enjoy a drink or two (or like 3 or 4... I mean let's be real) on occasion. I always log my alcohol calories. In my personal opinion, I don't think people should completely deprive themselves of things that they enjoy, because eventually they will end up caving and going way overboard and over indulging. If you allow yourself to enjoy a glass of wine or a beer or margarita a few times a week you're less likely to go crazy farther down the road.
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a beer and a glass of red, just log them as part of my calories, no big deal. Life is to be enjoyed.