Superbowl plans - how are you going to resist the food?

Options
Hi everyone! So I am not a football person at all but I am a social person - I always go to Superbowl parties to hang out, and of course to eat. I've been so good since I've been on MFP (almost a month now) but I'm afraid I won't be able to resist hours of amazing food.

So what do you guys think about a cheat day? Eating a very light breakfast and lunch and kind of eating whatever I want at the party? I know some people do cheat days every so often, how do they work for you - do you still try to count the calories, do you make up for it by eating much less then next day, etc?

Replies

• dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating like I usually do. Sundays are a big brunch and then a normal size dinner. But this Sunday dinner will be turkey tacos with lots of veggies.

I say it's only one day. It's not like you eat like it's the Superbowl everyday
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I won't be counting cals. I'll eat in moderation and won't go overboard but I won't restrict myself either. Light breakfast/lunch sounds like a good idea too :)
  • 3005newkid
    Options
    I am too early into my success to blow it. Something has to be awfully good to even want to blow it...I will probably bring something (nuts, hummus, veggies) that i know I can eat, and just be strong about the stuff I should not be eating. If it is a store bought dessert, forget it! No temptation! But if it is a homemade pie or some delicious looking taco dip...small portion of each...and be satisfied. Nutrition experts say you CAN be satiated by 1 or 2 bites...those taste the best anyway! Set your self up to succeed!!!!
  • tjbarlow3
    tjbarlow3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, but have decided that I am going to take a bit of a cheat day. I plan on eating things that I wouldn't normally eat but I am still going to post my food. By seeing what I have ate makes me more accountable for it in the days after. If we don't get the simple pleasures occaisionally we will not end up staying with the program. I have been on MFP for 1 month as well and have lost 11.2 pounds so far with 7 more to go. It has been easier for me to stick with it when I cheat occaisionally.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I think you're right 3005newkid - I'll take a bite or 2 of homemade stuff, and I'm bringing something healthy so I'll fill up on that.
    tjbarlow you're right, I'll log it too - I figured its too hard to figure out accurate nutrition info for all this random food, but I'll try my best just so that I can be accountable.
    Thanks for the feedback all!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    luckly I'm working.... I bartend in a sport bar
  • candoit14
    candoit14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking the same thing all day. The good thing is I am having the company. It is my cheat day but those calories will rack up fast... I plan you see what I said PLAN. The problem is that doesn't always work out. I thought I would make Turkey chili with lots of veggies. Veggie platter... Yes, chips but whole grain lol!! Salsa, hummus. But got to have a beer. It is a tuff day for waist watching. You're not supposed to cheat after 6pm but thats when we will be eating.

Suggestions welcomed. So happy to find this group
  • tcmulli
    Options
    I'm going to eat and forget it happened. I'm a male though and the weight drops off easier for the boys. Girls have to work xtra hard to get the pounds off so if I were a girl, I don't think I'd go too crazy. I may avoid the ol' scales for a couple of extra days though.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Not planning to resist at all. I'm eating light most of the week to rack up saved calories.
  • hc83
    hc83 Posts: 23
    Options
    buffalo cauliflower and smoothies!
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    we're having a superbowl party/pot luck at work tomorrow. my alarm is set early so I can get in a workout before and iplan on bringing my normal healthy breakfast and lunch so if I do have any "treats" I won't go crazy.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I will EAT ALL THE FOOD!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    CHEAT DAY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5DUtnlXF2BByFlvBzkEC5QPy2L4h4WEynczs7r8fwDfF6VeQb

guacamole.jpg

jQuery%2BCookies.jpg

bacardi151-llarge%5B1%5D.jpg
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. I live in home of the Buffalo chicken wing so that goes without saying! Probably make a healthier version such as baked chicken wings. Or make it as a dip.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I don't have any Superbowl plans (because I don't watch football and I dislike parties), so I have no food concerns. If the coin toss lands heads, then I'll get a free pizza from Papa Johns; that is my only concern. :P
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend getting in a great workout before you go and drinking lots of water all day so the extra sodium doesn't pack on too much water weight, and I'd also eat a healthy lunch before I go so I'm not starving and can keep my moderation for the yummies :)
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Resistance is futile.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to resist. I know it will be a calorie blowout. I've just been focusing on stay under my calories this week, and when Sunday comes I will enjoy everything, but I will be careful not to shove my face just because. I will probably have a big salad, then indulge in all the goodies. I went shopping with my friend so I know exactly what will be there ahead of time and which foods are my favorites and which are not. And I bought low calorie alcohol and mixers, so at least I can go easy on that end!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I won't be counting cals. I'll eat in moderation and won't go overboard but I won't restrict myself either. Light breakfast/lunch sounds like a good idea too :)
    I'll second this!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I don't watch football..we have no friends here since moving here so no issue of any invites..so no problem for me.