83 lbs down, 20 to go & experiencing a 6 month plateau.

Options

Replies

• gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    you look great!! i dream of the day i see my collar bones again :) you are a great inspiration!
  • CathyMW813
    CathyMW813 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You said: "I've realized that chasing progress is much easier than chasing perfection."

As a recovering perfectionist, I will have to remember that. Thanks for sharing your story and pics. What a change--especially in your face. You look great!

I'm still early on in this journey (in week 11), so I haven't hit a plateau yet. I will have to remember your approach when it does happen.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I have reached a bit of a blip and cant seem to get going again. I have gained 10lbs in a couple of months and still have 18 to go I was right near my target and your right when you look at old pictures it really inspires you to continue. Well you have deffo inspired me thats for sure honey xx
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    you look gorgeous girlfriend!! I think you would look really cute with a pixie hair cut!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation! Your legs look great. That is what I am waiting for good looking legs!!! I love your dress in your after pictures.

Congratulations on a well fought battle! Keep going strong!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I feel you girl. Amazing job so far, keep it up! :)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    Gorgeous, I was plateaued for almost a year and I looked into paleo, it's been 4 days and I'm down 2lbs
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You look incredibleeee.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, I'm only at week 3 of a plateau. Am hoping it doesn't last 6 months. You look great and I love your freckles!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Platau's are not a nice t6hing I have been on one for 6 months too, but have changed the exercise I do and am doin more strenth training and it my weight has slighlty moved, I pray it for you it moves again too. You look great. Cngrats on your loss so far.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic and have such a great attitude! The plateau will end eventually but that's just gravy!
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    GIrl, I feel like we're wearing the same shoes! I've been on a plateau for the past 7-8 months, gaining/losing the same 5-10 lbs. I want to start losing new weight!

Since I've been at this weight for the past 7-8 months I have gotten used to my new body, and learned to love it, but I still feel like I need to drop another 20-30 lbs to be my best self! You know?

You seem to have a great attitude, I'm sure you will break through soon!
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you are so beautiful. i LOVE your freckles . i have always envied the girls with really pretty freckles. i know that sounds weird cause most girls tell me they wish they didn't have them. but i think they are beautiful! and you look amazing ! very very pretty !
  • hc83
    hc83 Posts: 23
    Options
    AMAZING. if your willing to do ANYTHING check out Dr. Joel Fuhrman..he has changed my life. good luck! btw we have to be friends. :)
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Amazing, Inspirational, honest, acceptance, beautiful.......thanks so much for sharing your success! It is a life long process and I have 20 lbs to go and feel like it will never happen and then I read your inspirational post. Thanks so much for helping us and in return your helping your self.
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are so brave and confident and successful! I come back here day after day looking for your posts (you and tageekly both) because they give me hope for my own future.
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    Great job!! You have achieved alot so don't give up. I would try "fooling" your body...cycle up (eat a couple hundred more) on the calories and change your workout for a couple of weeks. Our bodies tend to get used to what we are doing (status quo) and will settle in. After a couple of weeks, go back to what you were doing. I did that and the scale started moving again. Good luck!
  • akelli01
    akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME! GREAT JOB! :) I went to my doc today and she was telling me what she wants me to weigh, and in that conversation, was telling me that in a couple months, I WILL plateau, possibly even for 2-3 months, but not to give up! I've been at this for about 2 months now...and I have plateau'd...it was only for a few days, but it was so frustrating! Way to have a great attitude about it! :)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement! I've even found some new awesome friends from this too! I am implementing more strength training in my routine and have upped my calories. We will see how it goes. :)
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement! I've even found some new awesome friends from this too! I am implementing more strength training in my routine and have upped my calories. We will see how it goes. :)
    I am pretty close to you in total loss (81 lb) and pounds to go (24). I have experienced a "pause" around 200 lb. but it has been from calorie consumption IMHO. I am heading to the gym after I post this and expect to be down a bit from my last weigh-in. Congratulations on your success and best wishes for getting to your goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!