Gaining weight in first 2 weeks of diet/gym

Options
So I have started going to the gym again and dieting really well. I took a couple months off because i hurt my back real bad. I only eat 1200 calories a day sometimes less. I have gone to the gym 10 days in a row and it seems i have gained 2 pounds. I ask my friend why this is happening and he said this was because I am gaining the muscles that i lost back. I just want to know if this is the case. Thanks :p

Replies

• AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    tape measure
    waist
    hips
    neck
    legs
    etc

/thread
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I gained 10
  • lauramacaroni
    lauramacaroni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So I have started going to the gym again and dieting really well. I took a couple months off because i hurt my back real bad. I only eat 1200 calories a day sometimes less. I have gone to the gym 10 days in a row and it seems i have gained 2 pounds. I ask my friend why this is happening and he said this was because I am gaining the muscles that i lost back. I just want to know if this is the case. Thanks :p

Don't worry - when you start exercise, it is normal to gain water weight as your muscles repair themselves. This is not a permanent weight gain, but simply your body's response to the exercise. The weight will drop. However, with that much exercise are you sure you're eating enough? 1200 & sometimes less is too low if you're also working out...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rest is as important as the exercise you do, and generally it is recommended to exercise no more than 6 x out of a week, so you have at least one day of rest per week.
  • qtpiez4000
    qtpiez4000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your answers it was very helpful. I will take all of your advice and rest for 1-2 days a week and maybe eat a little more, I just have a small appetite. I will also measure my waist and such, that sounds like a good idea. Thank you for all your help. <3