Ladies - do you log your period weight gain?

Options

Replies

• janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day, but only record a gain or loss when I start to see a consistent trend.

Oh I do this too. I often won't record a weight loss unless it shows up at least three days in a row and vice versa.
  • shawnasis
    shawnasis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm new here but I'm glad you asked this question and after reading all :noway: the responses I think I will log my weight as I planned to every Monday morning come rain or shine or :sad:. Only because it will help me to see the trend and know my body better and that is really what I am here for. Hell yeah I want to be smokin hot again, but I want to be healthy and get to know me better..inside and out :love:
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gather data about my cycles, so I have been weighing myself every day, it doesn't bother me at all to see it go up, down, stay the same, I just want to see a trend. MFP reports on weight are a nice easy way of keeping track of it, then I can compare it to my calendar and have an "ah" moment. My cycles have always been near impossible to predict, so this is just one more piece of data for me to use in my constant experiment.
    Edited for a typo... hate it when I don't catch one.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I weighed today and hadn't lost - but hadn't gained (so i count that as a loss).
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    no but i log the chocolate i ate while pmsing :D
    HAHA!! :laugh: :laugh: Chocolate and pms are best friends.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't, or else I'll just get depressed, lol.
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    Seems like cheating if you aren't logging your true weight regularly. If it happens to be up slightly because of your period, your next weigh in will be less. They should average out.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't step on the scale during periods.. :)
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    I just log my weight once a week.. If I happen to gain/lose on that weigh day whether menstruating or not then it gets logged! I would not just add a extra weigh in because I came on as it would de-motivate me. Thats just me though :-/
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, even with TOM, and PMS. I think it's good to see what kinds of fluctuations happen with the hormones, as I know my breasts are generally the only place I even get water retention. I am also going through peri-menopause, so my scale is all over the place.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I agree with alot of others. I do weigh first thing every morning after the bathroom routine. I only log when I lose. And if it ends up not being a fluctuation I will log after a week or so. But it's usually water weight/fluctuation.
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The only time I log a gain is if it's because I KNOW I am doing something wrong. Like my out of control Christmas eating. Or if I am on my period and I use that as an excuse to eat anything I want (which I don't do anymore). If I am working out hard and eating right I know I am not gaining fat so I definitely do not weigh in.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do. I record my weight regardless of good news or bad news on the WomanLog app. I also just began recording my TOM on there to get more details about my personal fluctuations. Much to my surprise I actually lost a half pound on the second day of my period last month, and a pound plus the day before it started this month. Certainly not enough to draw any conclusions, but I do like seeing how my weight goes up and down and try to pick up on patterns. I record net losses here on MFP.
  • jshot278
    jshot278 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record everything, like normal. We have to remember why the scale isn't friendly to us at this time. If you stay true to your
    eating plan, That water weight & bloat will go away. The scale will show the results in the end. We can't let ourselves get discouraged
    during this time. It all works out in the end. Just me...
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here's the funny thing... since I started eating (mostly) clean, my PMS bloat has reduced considerably and I didn't gain at all during my last time of the month - in fact, I lost 2lb. I think this is definitely a result of me not loading up on chocolate and high sodium foods when my period is due. I've staved off the sweet cravings with fruit instead :)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    , Same here. A loss of 'only' 0.6 lbs this week when I'm normally 1+ lb, but it's part of life and part of the tracking. The good, bad, ugly -- it's a progress chart and in 6-9 months I see not a straight line but a sloping curve on the report :)
    I record my weight Sundays-up, down, or otherwise. If it's TOM or I went out with friends or anything else, whatever-I'm looking at trending over a year (same for if I was sick and it was artificially low). That's me though-I just look at all that stuff as life and it all evens out in the end. I'm not going to be so much a slave to the scale that I only record a weight if it meets certain criteria-but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Amen Sister!
    I thought I was the only one.

If I gain, I gain. If I lose, I lose. I post my weight weekly so my cardio cals are calculated more precisely.
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I noticed I need more calories when I am PMS-ing. I g along with it, rather than starve myself and end up in a binge later. Being aware of my TOM flucuations has helped me deal with my appetite through the month. By the time I PMS for 14 days, TOM for 6, that only leaves 10 days or so of "normal". I might as well weigh the whole time.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't log any gains because whether it's from menstruation or a high sodium day, it's always water weight. I'm not one of those who weighs weekly though. I weigh myself just about every day. Once I see a loss that lasts for two days in a row, then I log it.
  • raecork
    raecork Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So glad this topic was already posted...I hope this gain is only due to my TOM, but I have been having foods that aren't the best even if I am within my calorie goal. Oh well I will weigh in, to keep my honest and a reminder that up is not the "weigh" to go.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    No