Quinoa recipes?

Options
Hi all,

I am looking for any recipes tried and tested for Quinoa? Low calorie of course!

Replies

• I just made quinoa pizza bites today. They were quite tasty! I left out the pepperoni and added some chopped broccoli and crushed red pepper flakes to make them spicier. Here is where I found the recipe.

http://www.soveryblessed.com/2012/02/quinoa-pizza-bites.html
  • lifeviabrittney
    lifeviabrittney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    soveryblessed.com has about 4 different quinoa recipes. I LOVE the buffalo chicken quinoa bites. I've tested them ALL out on my friends and family and they all loved them. Even the 4 year old god-daughter approves.

The pizza bites are good. I replaced the pepperoni with the turkey sausage the second time around and it reduces calories and tastes good too. Of course, there are many ways to cut back on calories in her recipes. You can use skim mozerella and only egg whites or half egg whites/half eggs.

Overall, very versatile and you can start to mix it up after just trying the recipe once! YUM!

She also have Quinoa Stuffed Peppers...haven't tried, but it's on my "to try" list for sure!
  • parrotlady66
    Options
    Hi
    I have made some Quinoa recipes you can add pretty much anything you want to it to make salads or hot dishes try the allrecipe.com they have a fair bit of quinoa recipies .. good luck
  • staceywally
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try this website: http://www.cookingquinoa.net/

I'm still experimenting with quinoa, needs lots of flavour added!

:smile:
  • pam3b
    pam3b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is my new thing! I have use it as a rice substitute. I've found tons of yummy recipes on Pinterest.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I just usually use quinoa in place of cous cous in recipes (loads of cous cous recipes online) but interested to see what everyone else does with it.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Bump diti bumb
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    Quinoa "Cups"

I just "discovered" quinoa a while ago and it changed my life. It is packed with vitamins and proteins and is a healthy substitute for rice, past and spuds.
    I does need a lot of spices and "flavors" added because it is really neutral but I guess that is the great thing about it!

I cook 1 cup of quinoa with 1 1/4 cup of water, some salt and a pinch of curry powder for about 15 mins.
    Then add about 50 grs of sliced button mushrooms, a couple of sun dried tomatos, some paprika, minced garlic and some low fat cheese.
    I place one thin slice of ham in a cupcake (individual silicone one) cup and the quinoa inside (about half a cuo of quinoa mix for every cupcake cup).
    Bake for about 15/20 minutes...
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    bump
  • sbarron76
    sbarron76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use quinoa in stir fries and my favourite is the turkey quinoa meatloaf. Here is a link to the recipe, but i substitute bbq sauce instead of hot sauce.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-and-quinoa-meatloaf/
  • ukstarlight05
    Options
    Great thread, I need to check out that website. I was already planning on making my first quinoa dish tonight and this will definitley help :)
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    For some reason I'm craving Quinoa with garbanzo's, celery, & carrots. With a little bit of paprika.
  • vowsllc
    vowsllc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I dont have a receipe but i can suggest morning star farms meals..... they truly help with weight loss... I really like the lasagna.:laugh:
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I make quinoa and add onions, tomatoes, peppers/chilis and turkey meat. A kind of a Mexican meal...YUMMY..
  • 26point2chick
    26point2chick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • abluesguy
    Options
    Quinoa "Cups"

I just "discovered" quinoa a while ago and it changed my life. It is packed with vitamins and proteins and is a healthy substitute for rice, past and spuds.
    I does need a lot of spices and "flavors" added because it is really neutral but I guess that is the great thing about it!

I cook 1 cup of quinoa with 1 1/4 cup of water, some salt and a pinch of curry powder for about 15 mins.
    Then add about 50 grs of sliced button mushrooms, a couple of sun dried tomatos, some paprika, minced garlic and some low fat cheese.
    I place one thin slice of ham in a cupcake (individual silicone one) cup and the quinoa inside (about half a cuo of quinoa mix for every cupcake cup).
    Bake for about 15/20 minutes...

That sounds great, gotta try it!
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I LOVE quinoa, it's my new go to breakfast. Here's what I do (and I make a weeks worth at a time (double batch) and just heat it in the morning, super easy and fast.

1 cup rinsed quiona
    1 1/2 cups water (you could use juice too, but I don't want the added sugar)
    1 chopped apple
    1/2 c. chopped walnuts
    Nutmeg and Cinnamon to taste

Cook Quiona in water (or juice) until boiling. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, cut heat and allow to stand for 10 more minutes. Fluff with a fork and add spices, apple, and walnuts, stir to combine.

I actually press this down into a casserole pan so that I can equally divide the portions. For me this recipe makes 4 servings.
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is my favourite. I use it in place of rice or couscous. I put it in salads. I love it in stuffed peppers. Some of these other recipes sound fantastic!