Horrible day.

Options
I had mothers day lunch with my family and stuffed myself with pizza, cake and chocolate.
Now I'm at 2069 calories and I feel awful.

Anyone have any tips on getting through bad days?

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and plain oatmeal.... And remember, it was just one day!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Keep calm and carry on...don't slip and continue eating too much!

EVERYONE has days like this...if you're not too bloated, try a little exercise to ease your mind a little...please try not to worry too much! You are not dieting...this is a lifestyle change and you certainly cannot miss a mothers day meal!

Don't beat yourself up about this :wink:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious to know why you felt the need to "stuff yourself," are you depriving yourself of these foods? I always wonder the underlying cause, sure I have bad days, not a 2000 calorie meal day though lol... but I really wonder why some people self destruct. It might make you feel better to exercise a bit and maybe re-evaluate your eating habits, maybe you're cutting back too much, allow yourself the occasional treat in moderation and maybe that will help you have control when you're in social situations. It won't be a free for all..:smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    First off forgiving yourself so you can pick yourself back up and head to get a glass of water which you'll be drinking alot of the next couple days:wink: Serious though, don't allow yourself to hang onto guilt, it won't take you any place good. When you start eating healthy food in healthy portions it's the same with all of us, overeating becomes almost painful, ok, it DOES become painful.

Getting in lots of water to flush out all that extra sodium your body took in will help alot in the recovery, eating light the rest of the day is important. What I mean by that is, don't simple NOT eat because you over ate earlier, make sure you feed your body tonight and don't let it starve or you'll have carb issues again tomorrow:noway:

A walk would help out with the stuffed feeling and get your body moving, grab a bottle of water for the way out:tongue: .

So you celebrated, you ate a bit much, but you're back here and posting about how to change things around now right? SUCCESS!:drinker:

Have a wonderful walk:wink:
    Becca♥
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I'm just curious to know why you felt the need to "stuff yourself," are you depriving yourself of these foods? I always wonder the underlying cause, sure I have bad days, not a 2000 calorie meal day though lol... but I really wonder why some people self destruct. It might make you feel better to exercise a bit and maybe re-evaluate your eating habits, maybe you're cutting back too much, allow yourself the occasional treat in moderation and maybe that will help you have control when you're in social situations. It won't be a free for all..:smile:
    Some good points! I think we sometimes name foods 'good foods', 'bad foods' and then we completely cut ourselves off from them so when we're around them we get a bit wacko, enjoying the foods in moderation can really keep in mind they aren't going anywhere, that they'll always be there and then it seems to almost lose it's magical appeal somehow.:laugh: :wink:

I've found I can do that with foods I wouldn't eat often far easier now than in the past, so I think it's a process. Realizing I really can have them anytime so it then makes me not feel I need them at that very moment so strongly, make sense? Least that's how it's gotten for me, same with spending, I used to buy things more impulsively and now I realize they aren't going anywhere I can go back anytime to purchase the items. It seems to tone down the 'noise' in my head of thinking 'gotta have it-gotta have it!'.

Becca:tongue:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. You haven't ruined anything and it doesn't define you.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    One thing i did learn is not to beat myself up over things already done. I just make a commitment to myself to better the next day. I also try to ge a little more exercise in after i have eaten over my calories. Hang in there one day won't break you, just hop back on the wagon . Have a happy mother's day!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    1. Drink lots of water.
    2. Take a nice peaceful walk.
    3. Have salad for dinner with loads of veggies and some beans to clean you out.
    4. Don't focus on the past, let it go.
    5. Forgive yourself, tomorrow is another day.

It takes more than one over indulgence to mess you up. But it only takes one to learn a lesson.
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    Reading this is making me feel a lot better. Haha.
    I can't remember the last time I had an actual piece of chocolate....
    I'm planning to finish the day with a small, healthy dinner and work out a little later today. :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I'm planning to finish the day with a small, healthy dinner and work out a little later today. :)
    :drinker: Sounds great!:tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You have the right idea-restart right now!!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Yes beating yourself up isn't going to do any good and only causes you more stress. It sounds like you have been depriving yourself of chocolate and that is probably why you went all out and over indulged the way you did. I have learned that depriving myself only causes issues in the future , so it doesn't work for me.

I myself LOVE chocolate and I couldn't go without it for any length of time therefore I incorporate it within my plan and make sure I stay within my calorie range. Any ways deprivation only leads to binges , just my opinion and a little advice :)
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

We all have an off day. So just move on from today and be happy that you enjoyed Mother's Day and get right back focused tomm.
  • Tenachi
    Tenachi Posts: 2
    Options
    There is always tomorrow..make today(tomorrow)better than yesterday..I know you, and I know you will make up for today..So this upcoming week...will be on point for you..because I know you will kick INSANITY's butt...Run big Titians butt..LOVEYOU..thanks for all the support
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    wow, why the hoo haa? your body needs 2000 a day to maintain weight if your under 30, and not much less not so.. i think the calc on here is "safe side" calculation, i never eat less than 1500 to lose weight.
    I think your being way too hard on yourself from a day where you ate to maintain not gain!!! jesus you wont put on from this other than a bit of extra water to process the food, give a few days youll see! dont worry!! ive done three times that!