Inexpensive Exercise program?

Options
I've looked into things like Insanity & Turbo Fire. I'm unemployed. I dont have 130$ to be spending on these programs... are there any other DVD programs that don't have weights or anything you have to purchase that are as effective and recommended like these programs? Thanks.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Go to a river, find heavy *kitten* rocks, carry them around. It's free, a great workout, and stone lifting will make you a certifiable badass once you get really good at it.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I've looked into things like Insanity & Turbo Fire. I'm unemployed. I dont have 130$ to be spending on these programs... are there any other DVD programs that don't have weights or anything you have to purchase that are as effective and recommended like these programs? Thanks.

There is a load of stuff on YouTube.
  • earthenpaws
    Options
    Good suggestion, Gallow! But I'm really looking for a 60-day DVD program.

And hm, never though of YouTube.. but I dont know how I'd be able to do the workout watching my iPhone :(
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Start here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Then when that gets easy move to the advanced version. Your own body weight is free. :)
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    http://zuzkalight.com/

She has free workouts on her site and YouTube but if you REALLY want DVD's buy hers... $15.95 Totally worth it!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Go to Walmart Jillian Michaels DVDs are on sale for 9.97 I am doing extreme shed and shred now. No weights needed unless you want to up the workout. It has a level 1 and 2 each 30 mins. I love this my thighs are smaller already..One word of advice start this when you have a day or two to recover..
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFitin90/videos?view=p

It's a 90 day program on youtube and it's free. It does require a pair of dumbbells but they are really cheap at walmart.
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire actually just got reduced to $79.99, but that can still be hefty in cost. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 would be great and both are under $10.
  • earthenpaws
    Options
    Turbo Fire actually just got reduced to $79.99, but that can still be hefty in cost. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 would be great and both are under $10.

My friend said that on the site it was showing it was 80$...but every time I go to the site its still the original cost, I dont get it.
  • earthenpaws
    Options
    I just bought the z-Cut one. Anyone know how fast the results are with the 3 dvd set?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    260571_10151022742763907_676960543_n.jpg
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just bought the z-Cut one. Anyone know how fast the results are with the 3 dvd set?

It really just depends... The were just released so no one has been able to finish the whole 90 days yet.
  • cielbee
    Options
    If you specifically want to do a DVD program indoors, try your local library. Our library has tons of fitness DVDs you can borrow for a week (plus another week renewal). You can always check them out more than once if you really like them. Also, ask around b/c a lot of people I know swap DVDs with each other (or borrow them). I've also seen exercise DVDs occasionally at places like goodwill shops for very little money. There are also lots of books (I like to browse bookstores, online and at libraries for ideas) to give you ideas on how to set up your own exercise program without DVDs.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great dvd's out there that are inexpensive. You can look at used media stores, craigslist.org or ebay.com to find even better deals too. Pinterest.com also has a lot of workout ideas if you search.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    check out nerdfitness
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    amazing website & it's FREE!!!
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Youtube has Jillian Michael's 30-day shred up. And sooo much more (yoga, pilates, Zumba, etc). And it's FREE.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

that really depends on your committment, doesn't it?
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    Got any nature around you?

Go for a walk. It's free and some of the best weightloss solutions I know of.