ANYONE ELSE ADDICTED TO CHEESE?

Options
I need support and ideas to help me cut down

I'm sort of lactose intolerant? Like if I eat fatty dairy products I get really bad stomach problems... so I need to cut down

But.

Seriously. If I could put cheese on everything I would. It's bad. How do I cope??

Replies

• alowry007
    alowry007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Raw hard cheeses are generally non reactive.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    I LOVE cheese! Luckily i'm not intolerant but still too much is bad. Maybe picking a high quality cheese and just having a little. I have a serving of Cabot seriously sharp cheddar cheese a couple times a week. It only has like 5 ingredients it's white cheddar so no addiitves. It's on a block. I get it at Walmart. It's 110 calories for 1 oz but it's so rich and satisfying it goes a long way!! Much better then most of the highly processed cheese thats out there
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Would be great if you open your food diary, makes it easier with any advices.
    I love cheese, but realy cuted it back to a very low level, because cheese has sooooo many calories. I reduced it to eat cheese just once a week or during holidays.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I don't know how parmesan is with reacting BUT if you fresh grate it very finely it weighs next to nothing and gives that cheese hit you're looking for :drinker:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat it as a teen.. and can't eat a lot of it now.. It is all dairy for me.

I cut most dairy out of my diet so when I want cheese i can usually tolerate the amount that I put on things. I pretty much only eat greek yogurt and small amounts of cheese on things. I find just enough to taste it usually satisfies my "I want cheese" craving.

I feel your pain.. I'm severly allergic to shellfish.. and all i want is shrimp.. *sigh* Can't even sub it for something else.. nothing compares.

You could also look into those lactaid pills. My brother takes them. He can eat dairy just fine as long as he pops one of those prior to eating it.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    So this might take some getting used to...but can you use other kinds of fat to flavor food? Like petso on pasta instead of grated cheese? And sliced avocado in salads in place of cheese? Hummus as a sandwich spread? Might give you some of the richness and flavor you crave without the problems you are describing.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I was at Costco last night and sampled about 8 different cheeses!! Some of them multiple times because I couldn't really believe how good they were the first time!! Wasabi cheddar ......unreal.........and the smoked Gouda is crazy good :)

And why on Gods green earth do they need to put out samples of Doritos?? Everyone in world has already tried them lol. I only sampled those once ;)
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Alicia, and I'm a Cheese-o-holic.

It's been approximately 29 years since I was cheese-free... and the exact year depends on how early my mom started me on solid food as a baby. :drinker:

I will never live without cheese. I would be so sad.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of lower calorie, lactose free cheeses and vegan cheese alternatives that you can use. I have the same problem, and the rice cheese or veggie slices really help me out. The laughing cow wedges are also really good and surprisingly low calorie.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Love cheese and lactose intolerant. I take a daily probiotic made for lactose intolerance. I still have some discomfort but not as much. I stick to a little cheese and one greek yogurt a day. They make lactose free yogurts and cottage cheese now. I also drink lactose free milk. Went almond but cannot beat the nutrion in a glass of milk.

My brother is worse than I am. He takes a lactaid pill before and after each meal. Helps him.
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    Me and Me again.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I was at Costco last night and sampled about 8 different cheeses!! Some of them multiple times because I couldn't really believe how good they were the first time!! Wasabi cheddar ......unreal.........and the smoked Gouda is crazy good :)

You are just mean. For those of us with cheese struggles- this was just heartless.
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ANYONE ELSE ADDICTED TO CHEESE?

-Does the pope wear a funny hat?

:)
  • angel_fire_1986
    angel_fire_1986 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant too. Dairy is very addictive and hard to stay away, esp with cheese and icecream. Yoplait makes a lactose free yogurt that tastes just like normal yogurt but without the sour taste thats left behind form the lactose. The best thing to do is to convert to lactose free dairy, and as low calorie dairy as you can find. Eventually your cravings will ease up and if you want, yu can cut out nearly all dairy out of your diet. I went dairy free for about 5 months because I was breastfeeding a baby with a dairy allergy. It's tough, but worth the fight. When I went back to eating dairy, I was surprised that I didnt care for it much. Of course, the more you eat the more you crave it, so it all came back within a couple months lol. You can do it thouh, just stay strong :)
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options

You are just mean. For those of us with cheese struggles- this was just heartless.

Sorry ............I must have mistakenly thought I was replying in the fun and games forum ;) lol
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I heard cheese...
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I.LOVE.CHEESE.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is a simple 3 oz cut of Tillamook Medium Cheddar. It's heavenly.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I HATE cheese sooooo much, that whenever its around I eat it just so I dont have to Look at it!!