Why I got so overweight...

Options
This is kind of a confession too, I just want to warn ya'll about something called marijuana. Now it's not a bad drug in moderation, used sparingly in a social setting, but I created a lifestyle of it. I'd smoke every day, and immediately get hungry every day, consuming everything from fast food to entire pizzas. I'd eat a whole bag of doritos then some.

Today is exactly one month since I quit. I now have the motivation and the drive to get off the couch, make a healthy meal, exercise, and clean house.

Please don't make a lifestyle of that crap! It's terrible for you.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I can't do it. I'd take one hit and be a goner. I literally would stagger to a couch and pass out. So it's never been a problem for. I'd rather booze it up. :laugh:

Good for you for changing something in your life if that's what you needed to do. Some people have the problem you had and some don't. You gotta do what's best for you.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

No, it's terrible for YOU. It's awesome for me. :smokin:
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Professionals don't get the munchies anymore.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a confession too, I just want to warn ya'll about something called marijuana.

I've heard this speech before.
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    If you can maintain a good lifestyle with it then that's cool, but for me it did nothing but bring me down. Each to her own I guess.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I was told that I smoke it wrong anyway.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I smoke almost everyday. It's not why I got fat. I got skinny again, I still smoke almost everyday. You just have to make the choice not to indulge in the munchies. Or if you do...make the munchies carrot sticks or something lol. Or burn a *kitten* ton of calories so you CAN eat all the munchies.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    some people get more motivated when they smoke. plus, if you only keep healthy food in the house then when you get the munchies you'll eat carrots and not skittles. just saying, its not necessarily bad for everyone.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    6N2Fa.gif
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I smoke almost everyday. It's not why I got fat. I got skinny again, I still smoke almost everyday. You just have to make the choice not to indulge in the munchies. Or if you do...make the munchies carrot sticks or something lol. Or burn a *kitten* ton of calories so you CAN eat all the munchies.

So, you do it right then.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bummer. I've been smoking in moderation for almost 20 years and it has never caused weight gain. When I gained weight it was when I quit smoking everything. This isn't Reefer Madness. People don't smoke pot and become psychotic, running around like animals looking for pizza and Doritos.

Willpower. Besides, eating all that food just kills your buzz.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Reefer_Madness.jpg
    MV5BMTU2NDk3NTYyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTYxMzczMw@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

It can also help people who suffer from severe migraines, anxiety, and sleep problems.... And used appropriately, anyone taking it could find ways to minimize the 'munchies'....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

No, it's terrible for YOU. It's awesome for me. :smokin:

:smokin: :heart:
  • am06or
    am06or Posts: 30 Member
    Options

yes this :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Where on Earth is Ken when you need him?
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hard work good hard work fine but first take care of head
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    Didn't realize there were so many potheads here, now I kinda feel stupid :P

But really I can't do the whole "smoke every day and have motivation/self control" thing.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    "Waaaaaaaaah marijuanna made me fat, it wasn't actually the fact that I munched out on everything in sight when high, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize there were so many potheads here, now I kinda feel stupid :P

But really I can't do the whole "smoke every day and have motivation/self control" thing.

Don't. The posts are all in good humor. :flowerforyou:

Edit: well, they were anyway......
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    6N2Fa.gif

Hiliarious!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
    this totally made my day!!!!!:laugh: