Stop eating Green Veggies!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Blast it, you have now alerted the world to my slow suicide plan and I will have resort to eating my big@ss salads in the closet like I do my bacon.

Don't crumble bacon onto your salads or you'd be consuming waaaaay too many nitrates in a sitting

So use uncured bacon........ No Nitrites, less salt, sugar and depending on the brand less fat.....

There is no such thing as uncured bacon. Bacon is cured pork belly.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    I think it's adorable when people take posts like this seriously
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    I know this is meant to be sarcastic, but if there is any truth to the nitrates in spinach and other greens, surely eating organic would help this situation? One observation that I have made is that I can eat organic spinach (frozen then cooked) and baby organic greens without having problems with my asthma. I can't eat bacon, hotdogs or drink wine with Nitrates because they bring on an a serious asthma attack. So if I am the canary in the coal mine, eat these greens, they are fine :)

It could be sodium phosphate you are reacting to. It's not an unheard of allergen. It turns my daughter into the spawn of satan.
  • brooks124u
    brooks124u Posts: 34 Member
    What about ORGANIC green veggies????????
  • I think it's adorable when people take posts like this seriously

^^^ this. :laugh:
  • What about ORGANIC green veggies????????

They are low in nitrate because of a lack of fertilizer.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    At first glace I saw this post title as "Stop eating Green Vaginas!"

Yikes!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Blast it, you have now alerted the world to my slow suicide plan and I will have resort to eating my big@ss salads in the closet like I do my bacon.

Don't crumble bacon onto your salads or you'd be consuming waaaaay too many nitrates in a sitting

So use uncured bacon........ No Nitrites, less salt, sugar and depending on the brand less fat.....

Actually pancetta is cured pork belly, bacon is cured then smoked. No nitrate bacon means it was cured with naturally occurring nitrates in celery and the such
  • Acg67
    What about ORGANIC green veggies????????

They are low in nitrate because of a lack of fertilizer.

They are lower in nitrates on avg, but studies show the actually maximum level can be higher than non organic veggies
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Well considering what I ate last night and today for lunch I better just hop my happy pants in the car and head on over to the hospital. I guess there is more than one way to reach my deductable this year.
  • Actually pancetta is cured pork belly, bacon is cured then smoked. No nitrate bacon means it was cured with naturally occurring nitrates in celery and the such

Still nitrates in it from the celery (which this post taught me is high in nitrates:smokin: ), just no nitrates added directly. In the end you still have nitrate filled bacon. Love how they spin things to selll products!
  • Acg67
    Actually pancetta is cured pork belly, bacon is cured then smoked. No nitrate bacon means it was cured with naturally occurring nitrates in celery and the such

Still nitrates in it from the celery (which this post taught me is high in nitrates:smokin: ), just no nitrates added directly. In the end you still have nitrate filled bacon. Love how they spin things to selll products!

Exactly, might as well eat a package of hot dogs
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

My point was that there is no such thing as uncured bacon, just as there is no such thing as turkey bacon.
  • Acg67

My point was that there is no such thing as uncured bacon, just as there is no such thing as turkey bacon.

Agreed
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    what_zps55e9349d.gif
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    So this is why I have been fishy lately! All the nitrates....oh no wait...I licked my fingers after cleaning my fish tank...my bad.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    As the #1 culprit of food poisoning, it doesn't matter if you personally have never suffered from food poisoning from green veggies, the fact that some people have is enough to recommend it to be eliminated from your diet.

Food Poisoning is great for weight loss lol. MOAR GREEN VEGGIES!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    But but but...I need it to stay regular!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    I prefer to live dangerously :drinker:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    At first glace I saw this post title as "Stop eating Green Vaginas!"

Yikes!

I don't think I would have ever started.