Breakfast ideas, please!

Options
Does anyone have any good suggestions on breakfast ideas? I can’t do cereal it just doesn’t do anything for me I am hungry 30 mins after I eat it. So any suggestions on health low fat breakfasts?

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with veggies and low fat cheese

Yogurt and fruit

Whey protein with skim milk and fruit
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I eat South Beach peanut butter protein bars for breakfast every morning. The protein keeps me full until lunch, and I think they taste pretty good too. :)
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have 3 egg whites(with a little salsa) and fruit smoothie most days

(whey protein, skim milk, and frozen fruit blended together) or a protein bar sometimes.

YUMMY!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I eat Special K Protein Meal bars and a banana or a protien shake (whey protien powder, and milk) and a banana
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Poached egg on two slices of burgen soya and linseed bread

Porridge with a tablespoon of raisins made with 1/2 semi milk 1/2 water (rolled oats)

Two slices wholegrain/brown bread with peanut butter + piece of fruit.
  • awellday
    awellday Posts: 14
    Options
    I love the Fiber Oatmeal, instant of course. It keeps me full for several hours.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Oatmeal.
    High fibre anything...with a glass of water, fills you up.
    Fruits and proteins....egg whites, cheese, peanut butter..with an apple or berries.
    PROTEIN and FIBRE will fill you up every time!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    McCann's Steel Cut Oatmeal

Post Shredded Wheat and Bran (1-1/4 Cups are a serving)
  • portia
    portia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs no toast, just 2 boiled eggs. period.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Oatmeal mixed with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and 1 tbsp peanut butter

~~~~

Sammy thin with egg whites, turkey bacon, cheese

~~~~

Greek yogurt mixed with granola

~~~~

Tortilla spread with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 cut up apple
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I eat Special K Protein Meal bars and a banana or a protien shake (whey protien powder, and milk) and a banana

I LOVE the Special K Protein Meal Bars --- just ate one --- they are so DELISH :)
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of raw, soaked oats. I soak 1/2 cup of steel cut oats, some pumpkin seeds, some sliced almonds, honey and a little cinammon. Put in enough water to cover, cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight. The oats get softer but not soggy, which is what I don't like about cooked oatmeal. You could heat it up but I like it cold. Keeps you full all morning.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like egg whites with veggies and put them in a low-cal, high fiber wrap. High fiber oatmeal works and I also do cottage cheese with saltines and a piece of fruit. Cereal has me hungry also--I can't eat just one serving!!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Lately I'm hooked on 1/4c fat free cottage cheese, 1/4 c fat free plain greek yogurt, 1/4 c museli and a 1/2 c frozen berries. Add a dash of cinnamon and stir together!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I tend to alternate between Activiai yogurts topped with walnuts and scrambled eggs to which I add leftover veggies from my frig (typically onions, spinach and some type of cheese). Apples w/ peanut butter are great too!
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters! You can eat 1/4 cup for 30 cals! Melt a light mozzerella string cheese in an Egg Beater omlette for 90 cals!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love Egg Beaters for the days I'm really hungry. I love breakfast too. My fav is Egg Beaters, chopped up canadian bacon, cheese, mushrooms, spinach... I don't really make an omlette per se, just mix it all together.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 sammy thing with peanut butter and some crasins or a breakfast burrito if I have time to make it. Toritlla, tiny bit of cheese, two eggs and some salsa.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, oatmeal is one of the most comforting foods there is. you can't go wrong with old fashioned oats, sliced fruit, and some sort of sweetener. it makes my belly very happy in the morning :happy:

oh, and for days when i'm short on time, i like Kashi Go Lean cereal with berries. this cereal has natural ingredients, and is very filling.