Help! Chinese food!

Options
I'm going on a date tonight to a chinese restaurant. I've asked my date which one in hopes of looking up an online menu, but his answer was, "we'll drive around until we see a good place." Does anyone know, GENERALLY, what my lower calorie options are?

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the lo mein and fried rice-- your best option on the carb front is plain white rice, and try to keep your portion modest. Beef with broccoli, any dish ending in "and vegetables", cashew chicken, garlic chicken... really, so long as your portions are good you shouldn't have to worry about much except salt levels, probably. If you want an appetizer, skip the egg or spring rolls and try some wonton soup.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    Your best bet:wonton soup. It's just broth and meat filled wontons. Each wonton is about 80-110 calories.

The rice is killer. 1 cup of white rice is about 200 calories.

Beef and brocoli with no rice might be good.

Anything that is fried and has sweet or spicy sauces are loaded with calories and sugar.

Hope this helps
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Panda Express has on-line menus .... this will at least give you some ideas. Some chinese dishes are fine ... others are just killlers.

What sherellerb said ....sweet & sour .... ugh ... deep fried meat AND loaded with sugar!
  • Lynne4906
    Options
    Hello Friend,

Whatever you order - ask for the sauce "on the side" - I think a lot of that food gets a bad rap due to the sauces (and the fact that it's all fried). You can order chicken and broccoli with the sauce on the side - you don't even have to get the rice :)