Trader Joes! What to try?

Options

Replies

• esltchr65
    Options
    Frozen stuffed (w/ cheese and spinach) mushroom! Only 30 calories each! Yum!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    hummus
    pizza dough
    96% lean hamburger
    string cheese
    chicken and cilantro won tons
    whipped topping
    fire roasted crushed tomatoes
    bacon pieces
    hand lotion

i honestly haven't found a single bad thing there.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Frozen stuffed (w/ cheese and spinach) mushroom! Only 30 calories each! Yum!

These are awesome.

They also have a fresh hearty minestrone soup in the prepared refrigerated section that is awesome. I can put down 3 containers a week.

I also like the Spizzico di Pizza appetizers. 6 mini pizzas are only 340 calories, and not bad on the fat side.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    aloe gel for skin. i use it nose to toes after showers.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Their frozen foood is spot on. Also, they have these dark chocolate peanut butter cups that are a real treat.
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    They have brussel sprouts still on the stalk! They are much fresher! (And I used to hate brussel sprouts.)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    i like the precooked chicken
    sesame vinagrette
    shrimp stir fry
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    100% whole wheat pita bread. It is so good! I also love their three layer hummus.
  • deb2799
    Options
    I like
    Less Guilt Frozen Mac N Cheese, best I have tried for frozen!
    Breaded chicken tenderloins, only 110 calories each
    100 calorie cookie packs
    Almond Milk
    This Fig walks into a bar (cereal bar)
    Pita Chips
    frozen fruit
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Their dark chocolate peanut butter cups are unbelievably good and I don't even like Reese's! I hide them and have one as a reward when I have had a good day. Eating just one is tough, but it is such a self-affirming test of willpower. I can do anything if I can stop after one of these little goodies. Oh, and if I don't hide them, the fam will blow through my month's supply in ten minutes.You've been warned.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I think that just about covers it.... I also love their raw almonds and other nuts. one of the best places you can buy them unsalted. Think you have a pretty good list going but the hummus is my favorite of anywhere too. Roasted pepers I used in a lot of foods. If you have animals (slightly off topic) - my cats love their tuna and the dog treats are great too!. Just an FYI :-)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    There is not much low calorie stuff there. But I like the frozen stuffed salmon, the frozen linguine Alfredo and the chocolate covered almonds.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Dried seaweed! Numnumnumnum.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    bumping for when we get one in Denver, not sure when, maybe sooner in Boulder.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING.

turkey jerky
    thai chili lime cashews
    dried seaweed
    puffins cereal
    any of their hummus/dips/CHEESE
    guacamole kit
    dark chocolate covered anything
  • BarbBBQ
    BarbBBQ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs, spinach/cheese tortellini, frozen veggies, almond milk....and for everyone else....onion rings, belgium waffles, pita chips, chocolate covered pretzels...its endless...enjoy!
  • MidtownMasala
    Options
    I love the Bruschetta spread. Just a little bit of it adds a ton of flavor if something is bland.
  • bluebirdlx
    Options
    Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with Gorgonzola. It's one of my favorite salad dressings. It's a Trader Joe's brand and I make a special trip there just to get it. Also, I think someone else said Almond Milk. I think they have the best Unsweetened Vanilla.
  • ukstarlight05
    Options
    The mini peanut butter cups!!!

The "?" wine is fabulous. I also am a big fan of the Simpler Times lager.

In terms of food, I love their chicken sasuages as they are pork/MSG/Gluten Free. Frozen fish - great price and cooks up well, I usually grill or bake it; I use their Island Soyaki as a maraniade and it's super yummy every time. All the frozen veggies are great. My new favorite thing are the spicy shrimp bao - they are OMG good. You really can't go wrong with any of the frozen foods :)

I love the baked plantain chips and snap pea crisps. And maple creme cookies.

Their rice pasta is wonderful, the best I've ever had; and in addition to that, the GF Mac&Cheese is really good.

Don't be afraid to be adventurous and try new things. They always have samples in the back of the store. If you want to sample items, just ask and they can open things up for you to try. Also, if you have specific food allergies, they can give you a printed list of all the items they have in stock that are Gluten Free.

Happy shopping!!
  • kbru64
    kbru64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mandarin orange chicken -chicken nuggets for adults!