5'9, female, needing to lose 100+ - I need support!

Options
Long story short, I've been overweight my entire life. After a way-too-quick weightloss in 2008 (50 pounds in three months!) I regained all the weight plus about 50 more.
Last January, I started MFP and lost 40 pounds- and gained it all back since May.
I'm really bad at this. And I need support!

Looking for people with similar goals.

Replies

• Prettyforafatgirl
    Prettyforafatgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im 5'8 and weighed 237 at start, im only down 9 but want to weight around 140-150, im not really sure because i care more about body fat % anyways. but you can friend me! i have an open food log and am great about tracking :)
  • avidnessss
    Options
    I added you! :) Hopefully we can help eachother reach our goals!
  • joyundefined
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm 5'9". Started this in mid-Nov, weighing in at 278.8. Now I'm .4 lbs to my 1st 10 pound goal. :) Goal is to get to 160 and go from there. :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I still have at least 70 more to go so I am in it for the long haul!
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!
    im 5ft 8" and 219lb at the mo' and still motivated :) Writing my blog too when something occurs :P
  • amcoltlghgirl
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me. I will support you all:)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. :smile:
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    5'9" with a similar goal here too! I'm great at logging everything I eat ( 235days in a row!) but bad at this too... trying to get out of my insane pattern of losing & regaining the same 7lbs over the last few months! :/
  • staceysweetheart
    Options
    Hi! I have those same issues :/ .. You can add me if you want, my logs are open! :)
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    Hey I am 5'8 but with BIG MUCLES and BIG BONES! any way I lost 30 pounds in two months last year and gained it all back.

now I am taking it so slow..... my goal is 100 pounds in two years, that why I really am just focosed on changing the way I handle food instead of just wanting to horrey to look hot

you can add me ifen ya want, I know how you feel
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    5'9" started at 214. You can add me. I'm trying to lose baby weight and the weight I gained AFTER the baby.
  • hutchema
    hutchema Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to help you out. One thing I have found here at myfitnesspal is LOTS of support and encouragement! I am 5'9, started at 229 the start of January and I am down 8 lbs now, at 221. I didn't start myfitnesspal till mid January when I was looking for a place to keep track of my eating, calories, and exercise...this does it all. I want to lose 44 lbs, which is a huge leap for me, but I am up for it. We can encourage each other!!
  • Jiggle_all_the_way
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I started this long journey at 244 pounds. I lost down to 155, but gained back 15 since last May. I just started on MFP to get these 15-20 pounds off as I thought I needed a reboot.

Please do friend me. I've got a lot of experience getting it off -- and trying to keep it off. (Which is harder than losing in the first place)

Andrea
  • mommyofoneinwi
    Options
    I am 5'9 and need to lose 100+. I'm new on here (only 5 days) and would love to support others and be supported!
  • amesslice
    amesslice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have about 45 pounds to loose. Like you, its been a constant up and down battle. I recently lost over 35 pounds for my wedding last June and I have gained 45 back. Its so exciting to see the weight come off but by time you really realize it's coming back on its already piled on. I hope this time will be the last time I get rid of this weight and can continue to live my life at a healthy and comfortable weight.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's hard finding a program that will work with your lifestyle; something that's not short term. You can totally do this! What helped me was just 4 simple things: Exercise, Portion Control, Moderation and substitution.

Exercise: Try to exercise for an hour at least 3 times a week. If you can do more than that's awesome! And try to change up your exercise routine every 4-5 workouts. Keep that body guessing so it doesn't settle into a routine!

Portion Control: This is an obvious one. Just watch the sizes of your food portions. Also, I know how hard it is to give up some of your favourite things. If you can substitute it, than have it and just watch your portion size.

Moderation: Everything is okay if it's in moderation. I am a foodie, and I have an affair with Chocolate! I still have most of my favourite things, I just watch how often I have it!

Substitution: I try to find subs for my favourite foods(except for chocolate). I swap heavy ice cream for yogurt with fruit, or frozen yogurt. I swap potato chips for POP chips, air popped popcorn, or kale chips. If I am craving something salty, some cucumber slices or baked pita bread with hummus is a great and healthy swap. Have the mindless munchies? A handful of grapes helps me!

This is what worked for me. I am a snacker and I love to eat, so I just developed something that worked best for ME. Everyone's body is different. What worked for one person, may not work for another. It's all about your personal preference!

You can totally do this, girl!!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Long story short, I've been overweight my entire life. After a way-too-quick weightloss in 2008 (50 pounds in three months!) I regained all the weight plus about 50 more.
    Last January, I started MFP and lost 40 pounds- and gained it all back since May.
    I'm really bad at this. And I need support!

Looking for people with similar goals.

If I might make a suggestion. In all cases it is much easier to get depressed by how much you have to go. So I changed my thought process to this. I have 10 sets of 10 pounds to lose. Right now I have 3 pounds to lose to get to my next goal. Once I reach that I will reexamine my next goal. For me it takes away that OMG... I have 100 pounds to go.
  • goosebumping
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I am 5'8'' trying to loose 100 lbs. Add me! I can use the support too!
  • determinedt0l0se
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and started at 282 .... now down to 227 .. I sent request :)
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    FR sent. Anyone else is free to add me. I've got a long road ahead so am looking for other long term people to keep me motivated and help out where needed.