Why I got so overweight...

Options

Replies

• cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a confession too, I just want to warn ya'll about something called marijuana. Now it's not a bad drug in moderation, used sparingly in a social setting, but I created a lifestyle of it. I'd smoke every day, and immediately get hungry every day, consuming everything from fast food to entire pizzas. I'd eat a whole bag of doritos then some.

Today is exactly one month since I quit. I now have the motivation and the drive to get off the couch, make a healthy meal, exercise, and clean house.

Please don't make a lifestyle of that crap! It's terrible for you.

COP OUT!
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I tend to stay away from illegal things.....
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this thread made my day!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    because i ate too much!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making a healthy choice! I'm with the other poster - I'd be sick & throwing up before i'd get the munchies. Smoked ALOT in my late teens up to 20. Tried it again five years ago when hubby & I were with friends that do it daily; he hadn't done it for 27 years. We agreed to do it together with him going first. Ended up within five minutes, I was over the toilet for 30 minutes, wondering why he wasn't sick. He only PRETENDED to do it; I was the sucker who actually tried it. But gee, the memories are flying back and I'm suddenly remembering eating five Hershey bars at one time or a giant bag of Munchos....lol.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay away from illegal things.....

It's not illegal for everyone.
    Colorado.gif
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I was told that I smoke it wrong anyway.

@AJ_Pete, I'm sorry this has nothing to do with this tread! But your tracker has me almost peeing myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize there were so many potheads here, now I kinda feel stupid :P

But really I can't do the whole "smoke every day and have motivation/self control" thing.

I was bought up to think drugs are wrong, drugs are not acceptable in the culture i live in. I have tried them and I AGREE WITH YOU!! ive watched pot destroy a friends life and it almost destroyed my boyfriends too.

GOOD FOR YOU FOR POSTING AND THANK YOU.

Personally, I've seen alcohol ruin WAY more lives.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    All right meow, hand over your license and registration...
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    From January to August 2012, I lost 35 pounds... then I quit smoking in September to find a new job. Haven't lost a pound since I quit.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a confession too, I just want to warn ya'll about something called marijuana. Now it's not a bad drug in moderation, used sparingly in a social setting, but I created a lifestyle of it. I'd smoke every day, and immediately get hungry every day, consuming everything from fast food to entire pizzas. I'd eat a whole bag of doritos then some.

Today is exactly one month since I quit. I now have the motivation and the drive to get off the couch, make a healthy meal, exercise, and clean house.

Please don't make a lifestyle of that crap! It's terrible for you.

lol good for u. this is not the case for all tho.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever truly got the munchies when I was a regular smoker with my ex......I got fat because he ate crap and when I saw him, I would eat crap too.......

I could use more of the green stuff......
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It blows my mind that so many adults smoke weed. I had a daily habit for 2 years but stopped when I went to college. I never even think about it being a possibility in my life. I love a buzz from wine so hmmmm...pot is zero calories! Oh wait...right...this post was a warning against munches. Never mind. I wouldn't know where to get it anyway. :D
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    When I was in college I had a friend that worked at the Bagel Bites factory. I'd eat box after box of bagel bites when I had the munchies.

I don't think I've had a bagel bite since college.
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Smoking never made me eat... DRINKING makes me eat like a horse... damn drunchies... Smoking did make me stay up all night. Things have weird effects on me.. like coffee makes me tired o_o
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Smoking never made me eat... DRINKING makes me eat like a horse... damn drunchies... Smoking did make me stay up all night. Things have weird effects on me.. like coffee makes me tired o_o

Oh my goodness, "drunchies"? That's perfect, haha! I'm the same way, though. I just want to eat everything in sight when I'm drunk. And by the way, coffee makes me sleepy, too. And night time Sudafed perks me up like crack or something.
  • lissaloue
    lissaloue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    6N2Fa.gif

lol YES!
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I find it kills my motivation to exercise and I make poor food choices when I smoke. Once I smoked going to the gym was out of the question because I didn't want to "waste" the buzz by busting my *kitten*. I quit, but primarily for monetary reasons
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Props to you for wanting to steer your life in a better direction. Be proud of yourself for that and it's amazing how you continue to be an inspiration to everyone else.

If you ever need tips/advice, feel free to friend request me and message!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Seriously, who still smokes pot. That's so 8th grade.