HRM and Power 90 vs 30 Day Shred

Options
1. A heart rate monitor should tell me exactly (or nearly) how many calories I burn doing anything, right? I'm just making sure I understand what it is before I buy one.

2. If it is, what is a cheap one that still works that you'd recommend? I'm a college student, I can't spend much. :\

3. I am completely out of shape, but I want to start exercising. I've done 30 Day Shred before and it's good, but what is Power 90 and could someone who can barely do a knee push up do it without dying? And what kind of equipment would I need? I just have two hand weights (2 or 3lbs I think). Keep in mind I am NOT talking about P90X. Apparently they're different.

Replies

• simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have been using a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor for over a year and I have no complaints. That one and the Polar FT1 are on sale on Amazon.com right now too. Both have really good reviews.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Those are a lot cheaper than I was expecting!

Does anyone have any information on Power 90? Is it better than 30 Day Shred? Any other information?
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    P90 is a decent program. It is a little more difficult than 30DS, but there are options to modify as needed.

You need hand weights and a band, but the band comes with the program, and if you need more resistance than the dumbbells you have they show how to use the band for all the exercises as an option.