Replies

• bunyapine
    bunyapine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what he said!
  • bradfordjob
    bradfordjob Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is the most foolish thing I have read in a long time. if i am doomed to die from eating veggies oh well I guess I am doomed. I am not giving upi my veggies.
  • llemmingtron
    llemmingtron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    the only reason to avoid green veggies is if you have an oxalate issue, that's it.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The China Study showed that people who are completely meat, dairy, and even fish free were also free from disease.

Note to self: No wrapping needed when out with a vegan.
    LMAO. Wonder how heads that went over.

Yea expected some more responses on this one.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    There's a book called "how to lie with statistics" everyone should read before they read research reports.

That being said, surely my 420 calorie lunch is going to kill me. Nomnomnom.

securedownload_zps0fa9babe.jpg

But I'm more likely to die from exposure to dihydrogen monoxide, since I consume vast quantities of it daily.

A little more about it:
    Dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.

Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain
    contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    may cause severe burns.
    contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!
    Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the Midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    in nuclear power plants.
    in the production of styrofoam.
    as a fire retardant.
    in many forms of cruel animal research.
    in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    If youre on coumadin they are a literal killer
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    There's a book called "how to lie with statistics" everyone should read before they read research reports.

That being said, surely my 420 calorie lunch is going to kill me. Nomnomnom.

But I'm more likely to die from exposure to dihydrogen monoxide, since I consume vast quantities of it daily.

A little more about it:
    Dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.

Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain
    contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    may cause severe burns.
    contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!
    Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the Midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    in nuclear power plants.
    in the production of styrofoam.
    as a fire retardant.
    in many forms of cruel animal research.
    in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

Good try, however I'd venture to guess nitrates and green veggies kill more people than water
  • folieeadeuxx
    folieeadeuxx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm going live life like a crazy coaster and eat a salad with supper tonight. I like to walk on the wild side.
  • mcrower
    mcrower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Buy organic and wash your veggies and fruit before prep or consumption.

Poison is eating GMO foods, meat, sugar, and especially dairy. Stay Plant-Strong, my friends!
  • mcrower
    mcrower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Watch the video: Forks Over Knives !
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    Pretty sure that nitrate concentrations in plants are directly related to water, and that in the hours after irrigation or significant rainfall after a prolonged drought, nitrate concentrations in plants are shown to increase. Why? Because the plants are sucking up WATER and the nutrients that the water has leached out of the soil. The leading cause of pathogen contamination of plants (such as e-coli) is contaminated WATER. And I'm fairly certain more people die from contracting pathogens in unsanitary drinking water than die due to nitrate poisoning. And that doesn't even include those killed by accidental inhalation of water - also known as drowning.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like to live dangerously.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Shoot! By all accounts I should be dead in a week! I've been guzzling big green smoothies like there is no tomorrow just to find out mine are now limited! = ( And just when my Swiss chard was starting to grow! = (
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that nitrate concentrations in plants are directly related to water, and that in the hours after irrigation or significant rainfall after a prolonged drought, nitrate concentrations in plants are shown to increase. Why? Because the plants are sucking up WATER and the nutrients that the water has leached out of the soil. The leading cause of pathogen contamination of plants (such as e-coli) is contaminated WATER. And I'm fairly certain more people die from contracting pathogens in unsanitary drinking water than die due to nitrate poisoning. And that doesn't even include those killed by accidental inhalation of water - also known as drowning.

TOBACCO-SPECIFIC NITROSAMINES IN COMMERCIAL CIGARETTES: POSSIBILITIES FOR REDUCING EXPOSURE

http://cetp.fmed.ulaval.ca/tabagisme/medias/66722/pdf/module6_1.pdf
  • navig8tor49
    navig8tor49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You go GIRL....I not a vegetarian but if we were to check into everything we eat we would starve. :happy:
  • Sweetpickles99
    Options
    This is so crazy..no matter what you eat, next week they will say it will kill you..its such crap...
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Shhhhh, don't tell my son!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 240 Member
    Options
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Love getting my daily dose of nitrates.