Reaching forty

Options
I'm not far off forty and I've noticed some things happening to me like whatever hair I'm losing of my head turns up on my ears or nose ,also mY knee clicks and in the morning I'm as stiff as **** what is hitting you hard about the big 4 o

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'm only 28 and I have these problems. I'm sure I'll be a train wreck by 40. ;)
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have the clicking knee thing going on and my back is stiff as a board in the morning out of bed. I do kickboxing and my left knee clicks. Sometimes my elbows too. I just attributed it to being female and needing more vitamins or calcium...idk. Tried glucosamine, that just made me want to throw up all the time. I keep trying to say maybe it's the stress of all the weight and it will go away when I get smaller and fitter but not sure...good luck. Will be 39 in March, uggh. It's not like what it used to be, this is for sure.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I'm 44 and feel great!
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    I know it used to be wake up get up go to work go for a beer and go to bed,now it's uuuggguuu my knee my back, can't we just talk for a while:))
  • april_mesk
    Options
    You don't look like 44! Good for you :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The only thing that hit me hard, besides needing 7 hours' sleep per night as opposed to 3 hours in my youth lol, is the number. And all of a sudden I'm growing up, sorta lol

Other than that, I wish I felt and looked like I do now in my 20s. And I wish I had the confidence then that I do now!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    osteoarthritis in my back, knees and hips at 38! :( but i dont let it stop me!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I still feel the same as I did when I was 37.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    41 here, had a clicky knee forever, I've inherited it.

I actually feel like I'm hitting some kind of peak (relatively) thanks to my latest fitness drive.

Nose and ear hair sucks though ;)

I'm going to power my way through the 40s then collapse at 50 ...
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I've developed the dreaded chest wrinkle....life is so unfair. Also black hairs growing from my chin.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's harder to lose weight than it was 5 or 10 years ago :sad:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You don't look like 44! Good for you :)

Thank you!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    OP - you're a funny guy! Almost 50 here and I actually do feel better now than when I was 40. However I am typing this with an ice pack on my knee. Lol.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    No hair out my nose or ears, yet...please never...this is okay for a dude...but as long as you trim up.
    However, I could use a facelift now. What' up with the fn wrinkles! I drink plenty of water.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Almost 42 and getting more fabulous. :wink:

Although my hair dresser did insist on me buying shampoo/conditioner for "mature" hair. :grumble: Oh and it takes me a long time to recover from partying now...like weeks. I'm still tired from New Years Eve.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I just turned 23 and my knees and ankles are serenading me with clicks every morning. And afternoon. And evening.
    Joys of having not-so-great legs...and constantly spraining/twisting ankles...getting hit by a truck...

I'm not looking forward to 40.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    The tanning when I was younger...has to be. It was very important back then.
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's harder to lose weight than it was 5 or 10 years ago :sad:

^^^ this ^^^. Also black hairs on chin and neck, but thankfully there's laser hair removal and it works like a charm. The big 4-0 approaches in several months.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I really have never had any issue hitting any number. *shrug* I think because my ex was 2 weeks younger then I was yet he's been acting like he was 80 since I met him at age 17 so I always was fine being the 'young' one. :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am 42 as of Dec... and everything creaks and aches UGH