Reaching forty

Options

Replies

• prwhicks
    prwhicks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and feel better than I did 10 yrs ago. Aging isn't always a downward spiral. As my 93 yr-old grandmother says, "Don't slow down or everything catches up."
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and the only thing that has really made an impact after 40 is that,when it's cold,I feel it in my joints.I'm in the Northeast and hoping to move to a warmer climate in the next year or two.But for the most part feel better than in my 20's.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I'm 42....pretty happy with myself. Just saying...
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and the only thing that has really made an impact after 40 is that,when it's cold,I feel it in my joints.I'm in the Northeast and hoping to move to a warmer climate in the next year or two.But for the most part feel better than in my 20's.

Yep, I am in MA too. Totally agree. I so want to move to where I am in my picture!!! It's like what 20 right now outside - stupid cold. It is so hard as you get older to deal with it. I love it when I was younger. Maybe this is another reason to move to FL when you get to a certain age?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Just turned 45 and I keep noticing all these 25-ish guys hanging around.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    42 here. When I hear creeks & snaps I just turn the radio up :bigsmile: Feel like I'm 17 though...40's are awesome! :drinker:
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to stay 44 forever...I love this age.
  • phyllistheresa
    phyllistheresa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 but y'all are scaring me.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm a few years out, but my hips are already giving out. Overuse? LOL I shudder to think how they'll feel in 6 years!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I will be hitting 40 this year too :(. Within the last year I developed arthritis in my back...that is certainly a sign of getting old...and I have an 8 month old...God help me...lol
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    the worse thing about turning forty that I can think of is mydaughter is turning forty! ugh1 I hate it I have a forty year old kid. I'm not used to being forty and now she's doing it too!
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    47 but feel the best I've felt in forever .....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have one year and 6 weeks to go. :ohwell: :smokin:
  • allenhandley
    allenhandley Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 50! Feeling pretty good. What are all you kids complaining about??? ha ha ha.
    What was that country song that said "I'm much too young for feeling this damn old" think it was a Garth Brooks song.
  • thecpommander
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com

Scooby is into his mid 50's...
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Checking in at 50! Feeling pretty good. What are all you kids complaining about??? ha ha ha.
    What was that country song that said "I'm much too young for feeling this damn old" think it was a Garth Brooks song.

Don't know- not that old (ha-ha)...had to do it!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, and yeah, you get a little creaky, and I know on ME, SOMETHING always hurts. Getting moving helps it not hurt quite so bad. I still don't have gray hair, but I know it's not far off.

There are a few pluses though. I retire in four years. I don't give a rats rear end what people think of me anymore. That helps a great deal.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Hair on the ears, more nose hair.....and where the hell did all this extra hair in my eyebrows come from???? Making *that* noise when I get up from sitting. Telling my kids to turn the music down. Leaving the bar (when we do go out) at 10pm because I have to work in the morning. The beard you see in the picture to the left used to have color.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    I'm 44, and yeah, you get a little creaky, and I know on ME, SOMETHING always hurts. Getting moving helps it not hurt quite so bad. I still don't have gray hair, but I know it's not far off.

There are a few pluses though. I retire in four years. I don't give a rats rear end what people think of me anymore. That helps a great deal.

Oh what I would give to retire. I dream of this every day...bleh! Great for you, though...
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    some good looking 40-50- year olds in this thread!!