A month down and needing friends for motivation!!!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm definitely not new to the dieting world, as I have tried many times without long-term success, but I am new to the dieting community. I started my diet on January 1st this year (I know...typical). I have been at it so hard this time. I have changed the whole way I diet. In the past I have always been stuck on frozen diet meals. Although they have always been a great success in the actual WEIGHT LOSS and I have lost a great deal of weight using them in the past, you can't make these meals a LIFESTYLE. I always wind up gaining all the weight back...plus some! In my previous profession, I used to be a chef (which probably helped contribute to my weight), but I came to the realization that I need to prepare my own food. Not only find recipes for myself to help me with my new diet and lifestyle, but to create recipes myself as well. WOW...why didn't i do this a long time ago? My diet is going amazing and I am coming up with some really DELICIOUS and HEALTHY recipes. I know it's a big number and will really start to dwindle down with time, but this first month I have lost 40 POUNDS!!!

Something that I am lacking though is motivation. I have no one to diet with. I am married, but my wife is like the size of a twig (no offense to her...she's the most beautiful woman in the world, but she won't ever know what it'll be like to be 300+ pounds). I just need to be around people who know what I'm going through everyday and have a fair amount of weight to lose to reach their goal but are fighting for it everyday to make it a success.

As I told you I'm new to the online community, but I have created a blog to share the recipes I'm creating once a week. I only have a couple so far, but at least once a week there will be a new recipe for every. There you can also see my complete dieting story in the INTRODUCTION section as well as updates from my daily dieting adventures when I have the time to post in between my hectic work schedule.

I hope to hear from some of you and hope to make some new friends along this journey of mine. Thank you all for taking the time to get to know a little big about me and hope to hear from some of you soon. Also, check out my blog if you get the chance. Feel free to leave a comment and/or follow my blog. It would be greatly appreciated! Just copy and paste the link below my name!

Have a wonderful and safe day!

- Brandon Johnston

http://brandonsdiet.blogspot.com/

Replies

• Jwwaller66
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good month! I started MFP in December but took some time off because I got sick. I started at 228 and want to get to 180. I have a hard time with the diet because I don't know any "good" recipes. I checked out your blog and the recipe looks great.

I would like to offer my encouragement and even send you some recipes for you to check out and maybe even improve.

Keep up the good work and friend me if you would like.

John
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well you an add me if you like.I struggle too. Your blog looks great with great pics and instructions on the recipes. Good job! I am excited to try them all but I might change the sauce on the chicken. Ideas for a substitute sauce would be great. I dont know how much motivation I will be but I try. I have been eating horrible this week...change is hard but we can do it. Also I have to say I cant see a frozen meal being as good as those homecooked recipes :)
  • jpennin13
    Options
    Rock on Brandon! What an amazing number in January. You should be soooo proud of yourself. My biggest issue has always been portion control. I am only a month in too! I want to lose about 40 pounds. Please friend me. I would love to keep up with your progress. My motivation is in the mornings when I look at myself in the mirror I smile at the progress I have made. Smile every morning, it will help you through your day. Good Luck and help it up. Fantastic!

Jessica Pennington
    Jpennin13
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good for you, for stepping back into the journey....I personally don't know anything about being 300+ pounds, but I do know about trying to lose excess weight. I've started and stopped many a diet....I had to finally make up my mind that this will be a lifestyle change. By some peoples' standards I would be considered "small", but I'm not in my own eyes. My husband is also chef, which doesn't help me at all...lol, but, he does tend to change his cooking for me when I start "dieting". I also understand a lack of motivation, especially when you have a family and a job, or school. If you find a workout you like, stick with that. My favorite is Zumba:smile: Good luck to you, and you came to a good place for great tips and encouragement. I'll be glad to friend you:smile: Every one of us needs support every now and then.
  • denaliv53
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW Brandon! Great job ! I was banded the 27th of December 2012 .... I am a newbie on this journey but I love all the encouragement inside this forum. Please feel free to friend me and I will watch for your results daily .... ^5 :flowerforyou:
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brandon
    40# lost in a month. How fantastic.
    I have been a member for several months now. I too have discovered that it is now a lifestyle and I have to prepare my meals. And this from a woman who would rather watch someone else prepare the meal. But I have discovered several recipes that work for my food plan and I too will be sharing in a blog I am starting in Mid Feb.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and I will send out daily encouragements

I look forward to reading your blog and getting some great ideas!
  • scorepiyo
    scorepiyo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey Brandon, feel free to add me
    Signed, avid logger
  • yaba77
    yaba77 Posts: 20
    Options
    Great job on the first month, feel free to add me, I'm in the same boat with the motivation. My wife is doing MFP with me but we both have a hard time keeping positive. I personally just love food and obviously love to eat it but the wife and i have started cooking together which is a major learning experience for us both. I'm 27 and my 42's started getting snug and at roughly 315 I just got disgusted. We joined a gym and now I'm about 25-28 down good luck and again feel free to friend me