Weighing Yourself

Options
What time of the day do you weigh and how often? Is it better to weigh when you wake up? How often should I weigh myself? At this time I weigh myself about every 2 weeks.

Replies

• vikki421
    vikki421 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week first thing in the morning. I tried weighing more often but my weight seems to fluctuate a lot more so I stick with once a week.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday morning....not sure if after the weekend is a better idea than say Friday morning?
  • akelli01
    akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have heard that you should weigh the same time every time, and morning is best. I weigh in the morning in my underclothes, after I've gone to the bathroom...it makes a difference! LOL
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday, no particular time, but usually before I eat anything. I don't think you should weigh yourself too often since your weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds each day.
  • true2me83
    Options
    The fluctuations piss me off. I try to weigh at the same time but my schedule is hectic and I wake up late a lot!! Lol
  • true2me83
    Options
    Yes going to the bathroom does make a difference!! Lol!! My friend says she actually weighs less with a full bladder!! Whatever works!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning after Ive been to the bathroom
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyone morning..
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself naked, holding my breath, standing on one foot, after I pee in the morning.... And then every blasted time I walk into the bathroom after that. It's terrible.
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh every time I go to the gym and the fluctuations drive me a bit crazy. The ones I'm most interested for progress are Saturday or Sunday mornings before eating a lot. Just breakfast
  • true2me83
    Options
    Ok so basically I need to pick a day and weigh myself that day every week. My schedule is a little different so I would weigh Sunday morning or Monday morning. I work overnights so my morning is actually 7 pm.
  • pselders1
    pselders1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning....Bad idea. Then I would only weigh once a week, still bad for me. I am a 46 year old that has a period whenever the hell it feels like it, sometimes it's twice a month sometimes it's all month sometimes I think I'm pregnant because I missed a few weeks and then think ya right, Mother Mary I am not. I now go by the way I see myself and the way my clothes fit. I am still a scale person but I don't take it personally.
  • true2me83
    Options
    That's funny, now that you said that I don't even know if we have a scale at the gym. Hmmmmm
  • jaynehayden83
    jaynehayden83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get weighed on a Monday morning every week when I get to the office.