What time of day do you weigh yourself?

Options
to log for progress
I always feel like I'm cheating if I do it first thing in the morning because obviously I'm going to weigh more at night so usually on the day I'm gonna update I weight myself in the morning and the evening and then record in the middle but maybe that's weird idk..

Replies

• kellyflesch
    Options
    It shouldn't matter that much, as long as you're consistent with your methods. I do mine weekly, in the mornings, before my shower... to me it seems like that has the fewest variables. But if you did it, say, before bed, weekly, in the same PJ's you should still show the same progression of weight loss over time.
  • jen350z
    Options
    I always weight myself first thing in the morning..
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after toilet and before shower. I weigh daily but dont record a loss unless I see it a few days in a row.
  • suewestcountry
    suewestcountry Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning once a week
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    Once a week
    Right when I wake up
    Naked
    After I pee

lol
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Once a week
    Right when I wake up
    Naked
    After I pee

lol

:blushing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    Once a week
    Right when I wake up
    Naked
    After I pee

lol

^^This^^
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week at work. We have good scales there. So that is with my work clothes on and after breakfast, But it's the same every time so the weight lose should be accurate.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Once a week
    Right when I wake up
    Naked
    After I pee

lol

and poop.

But now that I'm within 15 lbs or so of goal - I can't even bother to trust the scale....so it's pointless. Pictures, measurements, and how my clothing fits tells me way more than that stupid scale.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Once a week
    Right when I wake up
    Naked
    After I pee

lol
    This seems to be the common method. It's not cheating at all. The idea is to get consistent results and weighing yourself at the same dtime of day and weekly seems to get that.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Better in the morning...
    make sure you didn't just eat...
    Better to do it after you went (#2)...cause you can accumulate up to 5 lbs in there (seriously).
    Exhale.....
    No clothes dahhh

You will have your most accurate measuring
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Once a week
    Right when I wake up
    Naked
    After I pee

lol

and poop.

But now that I'm within 15 lbs or so of goal - I can't even bother to trust the scale....so it's pointless. Pictures, measurements, and how my clothing fits tells me way more than that stupid scale.

^ This. Except I am not within 15 pounds of my ultimate goal, so I take what I can get. I also keep a "safety pound"... I am motivated by a steady slow loss, but one week I lost like 3 pounds, so I only recorded 2 of them, and I still have that pound to fall back on to show progress should my weight ever stall. I know that is only "lying to myself" etc, but everytime I lost interest in MFP, it was because I could not face logging in and posting lazy, gluttonous days and the resulting gain. So this time I have built in a couple of those a month and have the "back up" pound to play with.
  • bellacharlie
    Options
    I always weigh at the first opportunity one time per week. Its usually about 6 a.m. After that my whole day takes off by adding a shower, clothes, shoes, coffee and finally breakfast. So first thing in the morning works best for me.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning is most accurate.
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and in my birthday suit! :)
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I always weight myself first thing in the morning..

Me too. I think as long as you are consistent when you weigh. Me always first thing in the morning
  • melissahughes6977
    Options
    My doctor told me to weigh the first thing in morning brfore all the water gain is present, I stick to what he says as he used this diet and lost 25lbs in 2 mths.
  • kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    In the morning, right after I shower (for some reason the scale always reads less after my shower than it does just before. It's odd.)

I'm normally awake for about an hour or more before I shower, and I don't normally eat breakfast. If I weigh myself right after I wake up I always weigh more than I do after being awake for a little bit. Sometimes by 2-3 lbs, which is discouraging.

So, yeah: In the morning on Mondays, after a shower and all the necessary potty business, naked and still steaming.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When I wake up. After I pee. Nekkid. Every day.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    July