Wedding Dress before and after 40lb loss (pics)

So I saw some posts of women in their wedding dresses before and after losing some weight. This inspired me to try on my wedding dress! I have been married for a little over 2 years and in that time I have had a baby, and lost about 80lbs. At the time of my wedding I was 185 and I am currently around 145.

Here is me in my dress at my wedding. I was bubbling over the top and I remember having a hard time breathing in it!

508f7c54-d94a-4861-ae6e-6990f20ef9aa_zpse89c535a.jpg

And here are a couple of me tonight at my current weight in the same dress:

649573b8-477f-4ac9-9f0f-d987895f6745_zps7dc55217.jpg

d8707a82-30d3-4423-bc7f-26b29fbc7d57_zpsaea248b3.jpg

Sorry this is my first time posting pics so I'm not sure if it'll turn out!

Anyway, My stats are:

Height: 5'4''
HW: 220(postpartum)
CW: 145
GW: 135 ( my goals are more fitness orientated than weight though)

hmmmm yes I think that is all! Feel free to ask me anything!

Replies

• Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Amazing!!! Can you tell us more about your journey with your weight loss? You look fantastic!
  • Very impressive, you look amazing!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    What a great journey. :) You should be so proud of what you have achieved. :)
  • You look amazing! In your wedding photo you looked beautiful, but I bet you feel amazing now.
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Amazing!!! Can you tell us more about your journey with your weight loss? You look fantastic!

Thank You! Yes, I can.. I have been overweight my entire life and never had any confidence to do anything about it. I never had a boyfriend in highschool or did sports or wore shorts. I wanted to do all the simple things that I felt every normal girl should be able to do. In college I started to try to lose weight. I had some success(10lbs maybe) and started to run a little (1 mile here and there) but it wasn't until I got marriend and had my daughter that I became serious about losing weight. After I gave birth I weighed in at a depressing 220lb! I knew I needed to change. I dropped the first 35lbs with basically just breastfeeding and cutting portions. Then about 6 months ago I got serious about working out. I started running alot (I'm now training for a marathon) and I started doing a lot of Jillian Michaels workouts (I've never had so much definition in my life!!). With that and counting calories through mfp, I have lost about 40 more pounds.

I owe most of my success to my mfp support group and seeing the ppl I know lose weight before me. Seeing some of my friends be able to lose weight made me realize, "Hey, I could do that too!" and now with the running I just keep telling myself that I CAN do this! I started at 3 miles for long runs and now I am up to 10 miles. I am so excited for all the things my body is able to do now and I have come so far from the chubby, insecure, sad high school girl that I used to be.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    You were a gorgeous bride!!!! Congrats on reaching your goals!!!
  • beanaj
    beanaj Posts: 42 Member
    WOW, AMAZING!! Great job. I'm the same height as you and need to lose about 50lbs. Would love to hear how you did it and what your fitness goals are. very inspirational.
  • samkelly89
    WOW, AMAZING!! Great job. I'm the same height as you and need to lose about 50lbs. Would love to hear how you did it and what your fitness goals are. very inspirational.

Thank You!!! I count calories and usually stay between 1200-1500. Some days I will eat back my exercise calories and some days I don't. I just go on how I feel that day. If I am super hungy and I know it isn't just a craving, I will eat! =) Also, I workout 6 days a week. I run 4-5 days a week and I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workouts almost every night. I love those workouts because they are free on youtube and only 28 min long.

My goals right now besides reaching my GW of 135 are to:
    1: Tone my body for this summer to wear a bikini
    2: Run my first full marathon in May
    3: Improve my 5k and 10k times. Right now my PB on 5k is 28 and on 10k is 58. I'd love to get down to 26min and 55min
    4: Tighten my stomach. I want to try Jillian Michaels 6 week to 6 pack
    5: I want to get my body fat % measured and start making goals based on that. But I am going to wait til I am at 135 for that.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    That dress is FALLING off of you!

You looked great in your "before" picture, but you look amazing now! I can tell you've put a lot of work into it!
  • beanaj
    beanaj Posts: 42 Member

Thank You!!! I count calories and usually stay between 1200-1500. Some days I will eat back my exercise calories and some days I don't. I just go on how I feel that day. If I am super hungy and I know it isn't just a craving, I will eat! =) Also, I workout 6 days a week. I run 4-5 days a week and I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workouts almost every night. I love those workouts because they are free on youtube and only 28 min long.

My goals right now besides reaching my GW of 135 are to:
    1: Tone my body for this summer to wear a bikini
    2: Run my first full marathon in May
    3: Improve my 5k and 10k times. Right now my PB on 5k is 28 and on 10k is 58. I'd love to get down to 26min and 55min
    4: Tighten my stomach. I want to try Jillian Michaels 6 week to 6 pack
    5: I want to get my body fat % measured and start making goals based on that. But I am going to wait til I am at 135 for that.
    Awesome! Thanks for all the info. I used to run (before weight gain) and am trying to get back into it. I have a half marathon in May. I know it will all come down to how much I eat during training. :smile:
    Good luck with all your goals. They sound great and I hope to be there some day too.
  • samkelly89
    Thank You Everyone! I really love all the support =) I am proud and worked really hard. Mostly I just want to help inspire others like those who inspired me.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Great progress!!!
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    What an incredible transformation - you look amazing. Well done - you should be very proud of yourself. And you have inspired me - thanks so much for that.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 72 Member
    Honestly I think you looked very nice in your wedding dress although you look even better now. You can be an inspiration for everyone. I think it's really great you do so much exercise. It's super healthy. :) Stay motivated and good luch with achieving your goals! :)
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Well done on your hard work you are absolutely stunning!
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    wow, amazing! what better excuse to renew your wedding vows with a tight fitting dress to flaunt the new body!!! :-)
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    amazing! good on you!
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173

Thank You! Yes, I can.. I have been overweight my entire life and never had any confidence to do anything about it. I never had a boyfriend in highschool or did sports or wore shorts. I wanted to do all the simple things that I felt every normal girl should be able to do. In college I started to try to lose weight. I had some success(10lbs maybe) and started to run a little (1 mile here and there) but it wasn't until I got marriend and had my daughter that I became serious about losing weight. After I gave birth I weighed in at a depressing 220lb! I knew I needed to change. I dropped the first 35lbs with basically just breastfeeding and cutting portions. Then about 6 months ago I got serious about working out. I started running alot (I'm now training for a marathon) and I started doing a lot of Jillian Michaels workouts (I've never had so much definition in my life!!). With that and counting calories through mfp, I have lost about 40 more pounds.

I owe most of my success to my mfp support group and seeing the ppl I know lose weight before me. Seeing some of my friends be able to lose weight made me realize, "Hey, I could do that too!" and now with the running I just keep telling myself that I CAN do this! I started at 3 miles for long runs and now I am up to 10 miles. I am so excited for all the things my body is able to do now and I have come so far from the chubby, insecure, sad high school girl that I used to be.

Truly Inspiring.... Way to go :)
  • I've just been sitting here thinking that I'm not sure I can stay on track today....that I want to go bake cookies and eat half the batch. Then I saw your post and how beautiful you look and feel. Thanks for the inspiration to stay on track.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    WOW!!! You look so great!!! Awesome job!!!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Fantastic job! My hubby and I are renewing our vows and I can't wait to get a new dress and pictures done!
  • grward612
    grward612 Posts: 72 Member
    I've just been sitting here thinking that I'm not sure I can stay on track today....that I want to go bake cookies and eat half the batch. Then I saw your post and how beautiful you look and feel. Thanks for the inspiration to stay on track.

This is exactly what makes MFP so great!! You look amazing and have already helped others! Thank you so much for your post!!!
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Congrats! Good Job!
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    You look amazing now and you also looked stunning on your wedding day, you just have this natural sparkle that eminates from you.
    Congrats on your success!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    way to go!!! u look great! job well done!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Wow, congrats!!
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Good job!!! Your arms look great! :smile:
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Awesome job!! Thanks for posting...you did look beautiful on your wedding day!! Congrats on getting close to your goal! Keep it up You've set some awesome goals for yourself too, not just the weight loss. You've been my inspiration for the day to get my butt in gear!!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Awesome job!! BTW, love the tattoo :smile:
  • Catskillet
    Catskillet Posts: 34 Member
    ...it's hard to believe that anyone as gorgeous as you ever lacked confidence! Congratulations on your marriage, your weight loss and for treating yourself so well now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!