I seriously just ate...

Options
2»

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Half a medium veggie pizza? Girl, up until 3 weeks ago every Sunday I'd eat half a pepperoni lover's stuffed crust pizza. The only reason I haven't is because I moved out of state last month lol.
  • shirleycooke35
    Options
    Log it and forget it. We all slip up on an occasion.
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You're human! Why not let us indulge in something yummy from time to time. You only ate half (you could have eaten the whole thing). As everyone else said - you have done it so just go forward from here. I am a firm believer in eating "bad" stuff from time to time - you need to eat 3,500 calories over to add an extra lb - I doubt that pizza was anywhere near!
    Forgive yourself and forget it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Figure out what led you to being in the same room with a pizza and a T.V. The most important aspect of this is to reflect on what caused the slip and engineer your activities to make it less likely to happen again.

Giving up television entirely has been very useful to helping me achieve several life goals. I try to do more things mindfully.
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1. don't feel guilty. don't give food that power over you

2. log it as some other pizza chain's pizza if you can't find the exact info from that restaurant (same kind/size of pizza)

3. half a pizza is not a binge. it's overeating if it's going to take you over your calories/macros, but it's not a binge

4. don't feel guilty

5. don't give up, just get right back on with good nutrition like the pizza overeating incident didn't happen. People screw up not because they overate, but because they give up after they overate and go and stuff their face with much worse things because they feel like one overeating incident = fell of their diet, and so they'll carry on overeating because they failed. Whereas if they just forgave themselves and stuck with the programme, the overeating calories wouldn't actually make a noticable difference in the long term.

6. don't feel guilty there's no capital punishment for eating half a pizza

^This! Absolutely this.
  • PaulScottHardwick
    Options
    forgive yourself. :smile:

As Rafiki said in The Lion King "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"

This is a new moment. Tomorrow is a new day.

Tomorrow never comes
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Dont worry, It happens. Im very busy at my work, and literally right out in front of my office is a McDonalds..(Had a bigmac the other day)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Don't feel guilty, it happens. One day isn't going to destroy your progress.
  • KellySteinLloyd
    KellySteinLloyd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water to help flush it out, exercise double today, and next time if you have to eat in front of the tv, measure your food and put the rest in a different room.... out of sight. Good job asking for help instead of hiding it! :smile:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Breathe and let it go.
    Your belly may be angry with you tomorrow, so take it light (but don't cut your calories to make up for the pizza).
    This shouldn't be a race, it's life. S**t happens in life, the way we deal with it is key!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call half a pizza a binge. I'd call it dinner. And it something I have for dinner at least once a week.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call half a pizza a binge. I'd call it dinner. And it something I have for dinner at least once a week.

^ This :smile:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Ditto, I'd be more upset that it didn't have bacon on it.
  • milygrisel
    Options
    hahaha well for me is normal , always happen to me the same, for example i ate some cookies, and then , COME ON , ALL MY EFFORT GOES TO THE TRASH , but , you have to control yourself, and THINK LIKE THIS:

" IM WORKING HARD, FOR MY HEALTH AND FOR MY APPEARANCE, SO I DON´T HAVE TO EAT THINGS THAT ARE GOING TO MAKES MY GAIN ALL KG I HAD LOST, ! ,but also 1 time per week you can give u a taste!!!!
  • HSMyTwins
    HSMyTwins Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Me too! Thanks to people like Lorina, I've learned that I CAN have pizza! And plenty of it! I had 1/2 a pizza last night for dinner and enjoyed the heck out of it.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Binge? BINGE?!! I've been known to eat 6000 calories - THATS a binge. What you all had was like adding dessert when you usually only have dinner.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Binge? It's half a pizza... not the Empire State Building... Just go easy tomorrow and don't blow the diet for one slip up! If you look at it logically you can easily work this pizza into the rest of your week. :-)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Just log it as best you can (find something similar in the database and go with it), and move on with your life. Try to remember this next time you get in a similar situation, and maybe it'll turn out a little differently.

Unless you're some sort of machine, you're going to slip or make bad choices now and then... we all do it. You'll be fine.

Good luck!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Oh No! i feel horrible!! I got caught up watching the hockey game and ended up eating half a medium vegi pizza!!!! I feel horrible!!!! Anyone else binge like this before? What did you do??!!

I work out ;)

Seriously. i eat a TON. had 4 giant orange rolls this morning. a large pizza is no match for me. Ice cream? Ha!

I just log it, assess the damage, and work out :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oh No! i feel horrible!! I got caught up watching the hockey game and ended up eating half a medium vegi pizza!!!! I feel horrible!!!! Anyone else binge like this before? What did you do??!!

Half a veggie pizza sounds like lots of nutrients! Just log it and move on.