Quest protein bars, new flavor, EPIC!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I want to go to there. I finally tried a couple new flavors after leaning on Apple Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake forever. I tried Chocolate Brownie and Cinnamon Roll... Cinnamon Roll had a strange taste that I couldn't quite pin down, but I did like it. Chocolate Brownie was awesome on my first try, but I wasn't so wild about the second bar. /shrug I'm gonna have to try these cookie dough bars though... noms.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I just ate my last Quest bar yesterday and was getting ready to order some more. I may need to try the cookie dough ones next.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Every Quest bar I have tried so far, other than the Chocolate (which seems weird to me) is awesome. Even the damned Banana nut muffin actually tastes like a banana nut muffin...it was like a mind**** in a wrapper.

I am certainly looking forward to this...

I'm telling you I was mind f***ed when I tried the PB&J. Swear to god I was eating a PB&J sandwich!

My wife and I had the exact same response to that one as well. They are pretty much the only brand of protein bars I eat anymore. Nothing else even comes close to them, in my opinion.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to get them.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Dang, the no sugar added means it's probably the splenda ones. I really like the ones without splenda because it leaves a bit of an aftertaste I don't care for.

That being said... I love strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon roll, coconut cashew...... I should heat one up before I kill myself thinking about it. lol.

The natural line actually is made with Stevia, not Splenda.
  • JossFit
    Options
    Has anyone tried the pb cups? Just wondering :P

I hate to say this because I am such a fan of their bars, but... disappointing. The peanut butter tasted very chalky and the chocolate coating had a really bad bitter taste to it. It left a bad aftertaste in my mouth and I was sort of angry at having wasted 120 calories on the one cup.

I tossed the other in the trash.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the pb cups? Just wondering :P

I hate to say this because I am such a fan of their bars, but... disappointing. The peanut butter tasted very chalky and the chocolate coating had a really bad bitter taste to it. It left a bad aftertaste in my mouth and I was sort of angry at having wasted 120 calories on the one cup.

I tossed the other in the trash.

Was the from the original batch? Or the improved batch? They did remake them, and they were better. They took the criticism of the original batch very well, IMO, and came back pretty decent. They could still be better, but that aren't too bad. I'll still with the regular bars though I guess.
  • knitincrazee
    knitincrazee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've not had those Quest bars and wondered what is the calorie count, and where can I purchase some?
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've not had those Quest bars and wondered what is the calorie count, and where can I purchase some?

http://www.questproteinbar.com/ - you can purchase and find all info there :) If you use the discount code SAMPLE you get free shipping and an extra bar or peanut butter cups!

I actually really like the peanut butter cups...I eat them really slowly though to savor them so maybe that's why they're not unpleasant. I don't know what it would be like if you took a big honking bite out of one.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Hmmm.......i might have to look into those........

I have a box of Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bars.............and after that's done, maybe i'll give the Quest bars a go at it.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The original peanut butter cups were nasty but the improved one is really tasty. I love Quest bars. Can't wait to try the chocolate chip cookie dough and banana nut muffin ones next. Vanilla almond and chocolate brownie are my favorites.
  • fallonrhea
    Options

I have a box of Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bars.............and after that's done, maybe i'll give the Quest bars a go at it.

These quest bars will blow you away. They're by far the best protein bars I've ever tried in my life. They taste like dessert.

Pop them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and they melt down to cookie dough texture and are just flat out unbelievable. I eat one a day and love ALL the flavors.

My favorites are apple pie, cinnamon roll, and chocolate brownie :)
  • JossFit
    Options
    I didn't know they had a 'before' and 'after' on the PB cups. :) I ordered them in December so I don't know which batch that might have been.

It was more of a novelty than anything. I think if I want a PB cup in the future I'll just get some of the kickass ones that Justin's Natural makes. If I need a few more grams of protein I'll drink a shake with it.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    This is misleading. I thought you had actually tasted one and was telling us how epic they are. But if you have not...then, this thread stinks. Booo. LOL Seriously - while the Quest bars are great for protein and fiber, they are dry and not so tasty. I've tried just about all of the flavors and I can't seem to choke them down anymore. Not to mention you need a full glass of water to get through the bar. Nonetheless, I will hunt this down to try one for myself. Nothing like some chalky cookie dough protein to start the day.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options

These quest bars will blow you away. They're by far the best protein bars I've ever tried in my life. They taste like dessert.

Pop them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and they melt down to cookie dough texture and are just flat out unbelievable. I eat one a day and love ALL the flavors.

I must be doing it wrong. I find them just nasty after the micro. You have to eat it like immediately else it gets hard. PB&J is the only one I can tolerate anymore.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter cups were god awful and I ordered an entire box. I threw the majority of the box away.
  • fallonrhea
    Options

I must be doing it wrong. I find them just nasty after the micro. You have to eat it like immediately else it gets hard. PB&J is the only one I can tolerate anymore.

That's so strange! I eat mine super slowly too...they don't get hard on me. As a matter of fact they stay super soft and gooey. Weird...
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and the code. Just ordered a box. Can't wait!
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options

That's so strange! I eat mine super slowly too...they don't get hard on me. As a matter of fact they stay super soft and gooey. Weird...
    [/quote]

Heh..heh.

I find the chocolate brownie ones get hard pretty quick. The bars dont seem to have a long shelf life either. Maybe the "Fresher" ones stay soft longer
  • fallonrhea
    Options
    Thanks for the info and the code. Just ordered a box. Can't wait!

Cool! Make sure if you want to use the "SAMPLE" code again on your next order - you use a different email address. Otherwise it doesn't work. I think that code is supposed to be for new customers...but I've ordered from them almost 10 times now with different email addresses and they haven't stopped giving me free shipping yet haha