How do you feel if you don't eat all your calories?

Options
I realize it's best to try to eat your cals. I was always an emotional eater. If I was upset, there wasn't a food in the house that was safe. Now, I'm the opposite. After losing 30lbs. so, far, some days I find it hard to eat all my calories. I'm finding it hard right now,
since I have lot on my plate and more stress than usual. I just don't have an appetite some days. I do try my very best to eat
like I should. However, on the days I don't get all the calories in, I just REFUSE to beat myself up over it. I just start a new day
and try to do better. Even with some setbacks, I know this will come off!

Replies

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I feel fine. I actually feel better because in my warped head I know feeling fat is the one thing that controls my life more than I do, so when I've lost a bit of weight, I get almost frightened of food. I'm quite sure that's unhealthy, but I know overall I'm in control so I don't let it stress my out. I eat a high volume of food, they just happen to be all vegetables and low in calories

Just as long as you are eating a decent volume and selection of foods, I wouldn't worry, unless you are eating close to nothing x
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress about it at all. I'd rather be below my calories some days, than be above it.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat all my calories per day, I am not really affected. If I am not hungry, I won't force myself to eat (unless I am under 1000 net) I try to force myself to stay around 1200 net a day. My goal is 1570 per day and sometimes that is hard to meet. I do know for a few days (or a week in a row) of not eating enough will lead to one day that I am hungry. If I can't keep myself in check, I don't stress about it because I remember all the days I was in a huge deficit.
  • RobJVM
    RobJVM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love it! Because there are the occasional days I go over so I feel like I'm pre-paying. Tomorrow will be one of those days. :)
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    In my view this is a long run game not as much daily race (the daily is still important mind you)... some days I may be a few cals under, some days I'm a few cals over but in the end of the week as long as it averages out to where I need it to be then its good. The important thing is you're focused on a goal and conscious of what you're eating, as long as you don't go crazy with being under or over your calories then I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
  • toxicstarvation
    Options
    Personally I feel accomplished.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat enough calories I'm weak and dizzy and grumpy, not always the same day but definitely by the next morning I wake up ravenous! I try to stay between a net of 1200 and my 1lb per week calculation, sometimes I want to go faster but when I try to go lower I stop losing and I'm just miserable (and miserable to be around). 50lbs lost in less than a year so far so must be working.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to focus on foods that have more nutrition earlier in the day. For example, a smoothie with oats, banana, 1/2 scoop of protein powder and frozen blueberries. Thrown in the blender with ice and water makes a delicious drink, and you don't feel like you're munchin' on carrots and celery sticks all day.

If I'm short, I'll eat fruity, non-fat yogurt too...a "low-cost" item, and good for the protein. Hard-boiled egg whites are a good option too.

Good Luck! You're right, it's all in "the attitude"!
  • Starving lol and grumpy, tired dizzy etc... I eat 1970cals daily and if I go anywhere below my BMR of 1500-1600 (I can't remember exactly what it is haha) I get all the above symptoms! Now I know why though =D
  • jshot278
    jshot278 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was thrilled to read all the comments here. Thank you! Someone brought up a good point= dizziness... I have actually felt dizzy a time or 2 lately. Didn't realize what it was from, duh... thank you to those that said that. I guess I'm not getting enough cals. & need
    to take in more or a few higher cal. items.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I personally feel like a champ if I don't.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat all of my calories, I feel like I'm missing out. lol Why wouldn't I want to eat them all?

Anywhere that encourages more food to lose weight (as opposed to less, as I thought was 'right' all along) is A-OK in my books!!