6ft and over what is your goal weight

Options
I'm 6'5" currently at 140 looking to gain about 40 lbs. Curious what others set as their goal

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch taller than you and currently weigh 225 with around 18% bodyfat. I don't have a goal weight, per se - just want to hit around 10% - 12% bodyfat, which will probably happen around 210-212 pounds. At that point I plan to run a bulk cycle to put on more muscle and eventually arrive back around 220-225 pounds at 10% - 12% (which will likely take several bulk/cut cycles to attain).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Just over 6'1". 192lbs and around 15% body fat, and have been bulking since Dec 1st from 175 and will start to up my exercise and weight routine and eat at maintenance when I hit 205 and bring down body fat hopefully to 10 or 12% and end up around 190ish for the summer.
  • Nomi923
    Nomi923 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am about 6 ft 0 and about 190 lbs currently. Looking to go around 175 pounds and then into muscle gaining.
  • giddings78
    Options
    Im 6ft and am currently 247 with a bf% of 24.9, which is a lean mass of 187. Aiming for 224 which is a bf% of 12.
  • rhodesbr
    Options
    I'm an inch taller than you and currently weigh 225 with around 18% bodyfat. I don't have a goal weight, per se - just want to hit around 10% - 12% bodyfat, which will probably happen around 210-212 pounds. At that point I plan to run a bulk cycle to put on more muscle and eventually arrive back around 220-225 pounds at 10% - 12% (which will likely take several bulk/cut cycles to attain).
    sounds like a great plan
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    6ft currently 217 - started losing when I hit 255 - would love to get back to 150-155.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft, and currently 242. The last time I tried to lose weight (with WW) I got down to 205 and was a size 10, so I'm shooting for 190, and then I'll see what that looks like. I'm pretty wide-framed, I have what my mom called, "birthing hips." Obviously, I'm a woman, so my stats will be different than the rest of you.
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    6'0 and at 183.4 lbs and will get down to 150lbs.
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 6' 6" and currently 273 (HW was 360 - norm 310-320). My LBM is 198 so I am shooting for 230 which would give me a 15% BF. I have never been that thin in my life. My weight goal may change based upon LBM changes because I am focused on the 15% BF. If I can gain muscle mass by reading the Starting Strength and 5x5 books then I may up it a bit.:wink: I think the BMI high range is 215 for me. No weigh Jose!! I would be at 7% BF to be borderline obese.
  • dethjester
    dethjester Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Going from the opposite direction... 6'3" started at 322 lbs, currently 245.6 (yay digital scales) at around 17-18% bf. If I can keep this going without losing too much more lean mass, I should hit 12% around 230-235. Yeah, viking genetics means I can't be a skinny dude like some of you. Good luck on the weight gain!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    6ft even and I'd like to be 199 for at least a day LOL. Then I could probably live with 200.
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    im 6"1 and currently 230 and getting ready to cut. Want to be 230 -235 with the same 33 inch waist that I had at 220 two months ago.
  • cupcake721
    cupcake721 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 6'1" and I'm at 161 right now. Goal of about 150, but with more muscle than I have now! Oh, and I'm a girl. :)

P.S. I wish I could have one of you body builder guys come to the gym with me just ONCE and show me what to do. I just sort of walk around aimlessly and end up on the bike. Or the rowing thing, I like that!
  • rhodesbr
    Options
    180 sounds really low to me now
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    180 sounds really low to me now
    I was 175 lbs. in high school (was already 6'6" then), and was way too skinny. Arms like toothpicks and you could almost count my ribs - my ribcage stuck out further than my chest did. I wore big upper arm pads with my football uniform because my arms looked like pipe cleaners hanging from my shoulder pads. According to BMI I was in the lower middle end of the "Healthy" range, but I wouldn't want to be that light again.

You're young, in your prime and (presumably) producing tons of testosterone at this point. Get yourself on a good weight training program and start bulking, you'll get the results you want. Forget about "goal weight" at this point - start eating and lifting, and when you're satisfied with what you see in the mirror - voila, you're at goal weight!
  • dfquigley
    Options
    I'm like 5'11" 1/2 so I will round up to 6 feet :p

I weighed in at about 225 13 months ago and had set a goal of about 175 ( 50 pounds lost )

Once I hit that I stayed there for 5 months.

A month ago I started to lose again, and am aiming for about 155.
    My goals are as an endurance athlete competing in running, cycling and triathlon races including a half and full iron distance event this summer.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Bodyspace on Bodybuilding.com? It will allow you to select a body type you're shooting for and tell you what weight you'd need to be at to achieve that. It should tell you how much muscle mass you'd need to add, and for us fat guys, how much fat to lose.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    6'3" was 8% at 179. I sit around 14ish at 188-190. Goal is 200 at 12% bodyfat.

a nice slow bulk, go for strength first not just all size.
  • fightin135
    fightin135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1, currently weigh 196 with a goal weight of 180. Last time I attempted getting healthy and losing weight I got down to 190 but plateaued and struggled to lose any more. Hoping to break through some barriers this time around!
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1"...started at 262...down to 241...goal of 220. I don't ever remember being 220...I think I came out of the womb at 225. (sorry mom)