Why haven't I lost any weight in the past 2 weeks??

Options
2»

Replies

• Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's very rare that I eat every calorie I am allowed. It seems that by the time I eat dinner that I still have around 200 calories left....do you eat your remaining calories even if you aren't hungry???

Eat ice cream
    I do eat ice cream maybe once a week.....But it's always the skinny cow ice cream. :) Which is soooo yummy!! lol
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    watch your sodium, drink lots of water and for those that say muscle weighs more than fat, rubbish. A pound of muscle is the same as a pound of fat... one pound. Muscle just takes up less space in the body than fat. Also just hang in there, keep logging your food, keep moving, and please don't give up.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You lost a lot of water at first. Now you're to the part where things slow down and you need to have patience.

Eat your calories, all of them, weigh and measure everything, and be patient.
  • blanhe2
    Options
    you lost 15 lbs in 4 weeks! Great! Your body just needs time to adjust, just keep going. Make sure you eat your allowance and at least half your exercise calories.

Good luck and stay the course!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'd say you lost excess water in the first two weeks, most days you're eating below BMR which is not good for continued weight loss, your body will eventually accept this as maintenance calories and adjust to living off that.
    Go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and work out your BMR/TDEE
    Read http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 and
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/why-eating-less-and-exercising-more-can-backfire/
    You might find some useful information to help you
  • luscious1028
    luscious1028 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's a great question! I too seem to have trouble getting all my calories down. And that's mostly on the days that I exercise which is 5 days a week. It's like I'm very satisfied with around 1200-1300 calories and with exercise I'm allowed 1700. I try to come within 200 calories of the daily goal, whatever it is. I've logged 25 days of MFP and have lost 10 pounds.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    15 lbs. in the first two weeks is mostly water. .5-2 lbs. per week of fat loss is more of a normal pace. Make sure to drink lots of water every day!

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat any more than a pound of bricks weighs more than a pound of feathers. A pound is a pound! Thus, you could be losing muscle, so eat your calories as close to your daily allowance as possible, then exercise and eat back half to all of your exercise calories.

Look at this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Its only a few weeks. This is all water weight except for a few pounds of loss.

You lost 15lbs. Lets say 2 are fat/muscle 13 is water.

You put back on 2 lbs of water today and lost 2 more pounds of fat/muscle

I am way way over simplifying here. Point is your super complex, you cant loose 15lbs in 2 weeks unless your like 500lbs.
    Just stick with it.

^^ this^^ :)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I would very strongly recommend CHILLING OUT. This process is going to take months. Relax and let it happen.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a lot of sodium?

Look for the lower sodium foods?
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Look at the bigger picture - you've lost 15 pounds and that's awesome! When you reach your goal weight, it won't matter how much came off during which time frame of your weight loss journey. Eat your calories, work out, and aim for healthy weight loss.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    watch your sodium, drink lots of water and for those that say muscle weighs more than fat, rubbish. A pound of muscle is the same as a pound of fat... one pound. Muscle just takes up less space in the body than fat. Also just hang in there, keep logging your food, keep moving, and please don't give up.

THANK U!!! I hear it all the time where muscle weighs more than fat, it drives me up the wall.
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to give me advice!! I really appreciate it!!
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP almost 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were AWESOME....I lost 15lbs. Needless to say....the past 2 weeks have not been awesome. I haven't lost any weight...not even ounces. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Am I eating too many calories? Too little calories? Please help!!!

How in the heck do you lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks..Don't even see that possible

its deffenently possible- i lost 10lbs the first two weeks too! and i started out at 149lbs. i literaly have been exercising everyday and staying under my calorie goal almost everyday, its very possible
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    If you're going to succeed you need to be patient. 15 lbs in a month is BEYOND amazing. There are weeks, even a month that my scale will barely move but then all of a sudden ill see a nice whoosh.
  • Poppet2909
    Poppet2909 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have been doing exactly just under my Cals allowance for 8 days and not lost anything yet...Im waiting for my 'jump start' and pushing on!