BMR compared with goal calories

cheesy0824
cheesy0824 Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Okay, call me dumb if ya will but I really would like to know if my BMR is over 1400 calories, why is my goal 1200 without excersize? Anyone know?

1078534.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Because the site sets up a deficit based on what you said you wanted to lose and based on your activity level. look at your goals page and you will see how many calories you burn without exercise. (this includes daily living) BMR is stay in bed rate. I hope that makes sense.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Okay, call me dumb if ya will but I really would like to know if my BMR is over 1400 calories, why is my goal 1200 without excersize? Anyone know?

1078534.png

I think this is the one flaw in MFP.

What did you set your goal (loss per week) at?

I'm a big fan of eating at least your BMR. You'll most likely still lose weight, and you won't feel as deprived.
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Because the site sets up a deficit based on what you said you wanted to lose and based on your activity level. look at your goals page and you will see how many calories you burn without exercise. (this includes daily living) BMR is stay in bed rate. I hope that makes sense.

Hi, very informative

Thanks

B
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member

1078534.png

I think this is the one flaw in MFP.

I am so glad I read this. MFP had me at 1200 lately. I am consistantly a few cals over and I don't feel like I am overeating at all. I just changed my calorie goal to my BMR. Thanks for this post and also for the good advice from all. :flowerforyou:

What did you set your goal (loss per week) at?

I'm a big fan of eating at least your BMR. You'll most likely still lose weight, and you won't feel as deprived.
  • cheesy0824
    cheesy0824 Posts: 4
    Thanks everyone for the replies... I guess I am frustrated because I am having so much difficulty staying at 1200 cals a day. Although I do stay pretty close, I'm not losing any weight. I can't imagine cutting down more.. I also didn't set my goal weight loss per week so I will do that and see what difference it makes..

Again, thank you so much!!

Sandy
This discussion has been closed.