Over well eggs

Options
I've been looking for over well eggs through breakfast entry so I can log what I plan to eat. I saw over easy and over medium eggs on livestrong.com... does anyone know the calories, protein, the nutrition value in over well eggs?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    An egg is an egg - just log it by the correct size (medium, large, XL, etc). Sometimes you can find the specific brand in the database, or just go with generic egg and the size.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    An egg is an egg - just log it by the correct size (medium, large, XL, etc). Sometimes you can find the specific brand in the database, or just go with generic egg and the size.

This. Also you can create your own recipes out of ingredients in the database, call it whatever you want, and save it.
  • TKishjr
    Options
    Just a quick note: Be wary of scrambled egg numbers. Some folks add milk and/or cheese into these. I personally try to stay with the generic raw egg numbers, then add in any separate ingredients I may have used.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    1 large egg with no cooking oil is about 70 calories. Just use common sense from there. I log all my eggs as generic or raw.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've never heard the phrase "over well." Try using the term "over hard" instead.

In any case, the egg has the same nutritional value no matter how denatured the yolk proteins are.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you aren't cooking them in a ton of butter, an egg is an egg. 70 cals each for a large.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    an egg is just an egg, its what you put with it that changes the calories
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    on here I just pick the two fried eggs in olive oil for whever I have over well eggs...because that's what I cook mine in.