low calories depression

Options
Im going through a very rough patch in my life and cant swallow down not more than coffee a day or if forced by my sister to have a cracker and eggs.....how do u eat more when depressed? i dont wanna lose my muscle mass after such hard work :(

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Protein shakes and peanut butter
  • foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Definately peanut butter and blueberries
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Go to get a milkshake somewhere there will be people. The milkshake will be high calorie and getting out with people is always good.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem... when I get depressed, I turn to food for comfort. It's a battle I've been fighting forever... but I agree, with the others, get in some good protein and don't turn to junk! Good luck with whatever you are going through right now!
  • IkirPaulson
    IkirPaulson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im going through a very rough patch in my life and cant swallow down not more than coffee a day or if forced by my sister to have a cracker and eggs.....how do u eat more when depressed? i dont wanna lose my muscle mass after such hard work :(

Calorie dense foods and a multivitamin to make sure you're not losing essential nutrients.
    Oh, and someone you can talk to about your emotional state. Talk to anyone who is willing to listen. Even if your issues are not resolved, talking/complaining about them will help.
    Feel better soon.
  • missedout
    missedout Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the other day bananas can help with mood....you would need to google for all the science stuff :-) But also quite a higher calorie fruit. Oh and hope you are feeling better soon. x
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Go to get a milkshake somewhere there will be people. The milkshake will be high calorie and getting out with people is always good.

I love this answer... get out and just people watch for a bit. The most important thing right now isn't preventing muscle loss, it's getting better so you don't have to keep FORCING the food down.

If you're having trouble eating definitely get in some dense sources of calories and fat; steak, cheese, peanut butter, protein shakes, etc.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

I love this answer... get out and just people watch for a bit. The most important thing right now isn't preventing muscle loss, it's getting better so you don't have to keep FORCING the food down.

If you're having trouble eating definitely get in some dense sources of calories and fat; steak, cheese, peanut butter, protein shakes, etc.

100% agree with these thoughts!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry:(. How long has this been going on for?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

100% agree with these thoughts!!

Me too.