Ponytails are SEXY? For real?

Options

Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Ummm switch from ponytails to pigtails. I prefer handle bars.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've been told over and over how un-sexy ponytails are. I would love to pull off a good ponytail. I think it just depends on the person/hair line.

This picture is my idea of a sexy ponytail, but I can never pull it off!

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/01/14/Justified-Recap_320x240.jpg

(I don't know how to add a picture)

You post an image by putting "" before the URL and "" right after it with no spaces. And you have to use lower case. Here I'll post your picture for you:

Justified-Recap_320x240.jpg
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    In some contexts . . . pigtails.

Edited to add: Yeah, what chimp said :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    They are hot. Gives me something to pull while she's um... mmmhmm.

Definitely this :O
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I've been told over and over how un-sexy ponytails are. I would love to pull off a good ponytail. I think it just depends on the person/hair line.

This picture is my idea of a sexy ponytail, but I can never pull it off!

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/01/14/Justified-Recap_320x240.jpg

(I don't know how to add a picture)

You post an image by putting "" before the URL and "" right after it with no spaces. And you have to use lower case. Here I'll post your picture for you:

Justified-Recap_320x240.jpg

You have to tease the hair. My ponytails always come out looking best when they're a little messy.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It's not the ponytail, it's the exposed neck skin.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    This is what I've been told as well. Mine is in a pony tail all day because of the type of work I do so I guess YAY
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Ohhh okay, okay, I get it, I get it, okay, you being all selective because you have a ponytail. Right? Right? You think a lot of men can't handle the regalness of an updo. Right? Right? You all like Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly.

MADtv! LoL!!

I love ponytails! I rock one everyday! But it's cause I can't stand my hair in my face.... I think it's sexiness depends on where the pony tail is placed... Like the middle of the back of the head vs. way up top on the head... how it's held up... color of the ponytail holder being camo'd in your hair vs. a frilly scrunchie... and what your hair looks like... a rats nest in a pony tail would not be sexy... lol. But pony tails can have a totally sexy quality to them...
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Ohhh okay, okay, I get it, I get it, okay, you being all selective because you have a ponytail. Right? Right? You think a lot of men can't handle the regalness of an updo. Right? Right? You all like Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly.

If anyone knows what that's from I'll marry you.

Can I have your number? Can I have it?
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    the back of yo head is ridiculous!
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Excessive ponytail wearing can cause bald spots. But I gotta wear one everyday when I workout. I get irritated when my hair is in my face.

Personally I think it's the swinging hair that makes it sexy. It's hypnotic or something.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'd better start wearing pony tails. This is good to know!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Its both...makes you want to bite the back of the neck. Just sayin...
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Being the overly obsessed NCIS fan, and a huge fan of Tony and Ziva's characters, that scene had Tony mentioning the pony tail when talking about a suspect. Ziva usually wears a ponytail at work, but had had her hair down for a few episodes. Next episode it was back in the usual ponytail. Those of us online fans of "Tiva" went a little crazy.

I have shoulder length hair. At home it's down, unless I'm doing lots of cleaning. At work, as a Labor and Delivery nurse, it goes in the ponytail - sexy it is not. I think there are ways to wear one that can be, but when trying to keep flying bodily fluids out of your hair, sexy is the last thing I'm thinking. :smile:
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options

If anyone knows what that's from I'll marry you.

Scuse me can I talk to you for a minute?
    Wheres ya boyfriend at?
    Can I have yo number?!
  • CrowdStoppa
    Options
    Pig tails are even better...or so I've been told.

mos def! I often wear pig tails to raves and get tons of compliments....kinda fits with the school girl thing i guess.(I think one of my pics on here shows an example)

I gladly hand out compliments to people that aren't afraid to loosen up and act playful every once in a while

When i was a child I always argued with my Grandmother that I didn't want my hair in a ponytail and she insisted that wearing my hair down was hiding my face and now that I have a daughter I totally understand.

As far as on adult women I agree that ponytails are attractive and also functional.

Agree with the people that mentioned the neck being exposed as one reason for ponytails being sexy
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't know about general universality of that idea for ALL guys, but I did "almost" date a guy in college who said he thought ponytails were sexy. Why???....no clue.....he gave the impression of being interested in me very briefly but petered out before anything happened. Then I overheard him talking about the ponytail idea one day and since I had short hair at the time and no chance of making a ponytail, that was the end of that youthful hope. Oh well -- moved on, got over it quickly.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

That would explain a few things.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

OMG...I LOVE having a guy walk up behind me and lightly bite the back of my neck. Sends good shivers down my neck.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I like ponytails on other girls, especially if their hair is straight & shiny. I find it makes them look younger, more athletic (Fit) & I guess the neck thing too is attractive. Not that I'm into girls, but I wish I could look nice in a ponytail!

I find I have a lumpy forehead and having my hair pulled back kind of accentuates the harshness of my features. My side profile can look kind of severe (Chin juts out, square jaw, big cheek bones, a bit of an upturned nose, and the forehead). My ponytails come out flat on my head, and they look fat/wavy with little frizzies stocking out as soon as I sweat. If I had the patience, I'd make that little "poof" or "pomp" at the front of my head so I could have some volume on the top!

lauren-conrad-hair-poof.jpg

ponytail-poof-kim-kardashian.jpg?w=400

hbz-PONYTAILS-Gwen-Stefani-0612-de.jpg