Frustrated!

Options
I am getting frustrated. I have been sticking to a 1200 calorie diet ad eating back my exercise calories. I am at day 12 of the 30DS and run most days on top of that. I am now back to my starting weight! I don't even think I have lost inches. If I have lost inches, it's not significant. HELP!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It will be hard to give advice unless you are willing to make your diary public.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Honestly, i know it is said all the time, but check 1200 isnt too low for you. i know youre eating back your exercise calories but it still might not be enough.

For the 1st 2 weeks of me starting i said i would eat 1200. It just simply wasnt enough.

I am now eating 1700 (inc TDEE) so i dont eat my exercise cals back and i am losing fat and inches, plus im alot more happier and content with my food intake too!
  • Moneyinthejar
    Moneyinthejar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been contemplating increasing my daily calories. I think it's getting into that mentally and accepting that it's ok. Maybe I will try that for this week and see how I make out. Thanks for the advice. Wish me luck :happy:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you're thinking about upping your calories, this is a good read:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Based on your activity level you probably are not eating enough. 1200 is ok for some but not for everyone. MFP started me out @ 1200 & it was awful. I am upbto 1500 now & losing.

Check out Dan's roadmap link above. It works for a lot of people.
  • mdigiac
    Options
    i just read the roadmap and upped my cal big time. Gonna try 1650 now. good read
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    As someone suggested, opening up your diary can allow for better advice. Also, what are your stats? In place of a road map is a great place to start. Weight gain could be due to water retention as well, how much have you gained?

Are you weighing or measuring everything you eat? It's very common for us to underestimate serving sizes and in turn how much we are actually eating.