why no weight loss?

Options
Followed my calorie limit to a "T" and no weight loss this week. Can anyone check my diary and tell me what I did wrong? It's so frustrating. I know I didn't exercise but still you think there would be a pound or two weight loss!

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Give it time. You will get there. The only suggestion I can make is to be more careful with your sodium. That could be causing a lot of water weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. You can't expect to lose every week. Sometimes I would go a couple of weeks with no loss and then lose 2-3 lbs all at once. Stick to your goal, log accurately, and be patient.
  • mdigiac
    Options
    Patience is a B*&^%(
  • jak12345
    jak12345 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Even with exercise, weight loss is not a given. It sounds like in the short-term your body has adjusted to fewer calories, or as someone else indicated you could be retaining some fluid as your body is adjusting. Be patient, but if you find you're not getting the results you want in a week or two -- mix it up a little, i.e. different foods/exercise.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Give it a week or two, if no progress is made, eat more =)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Give it time. You have to be patient to succeed. There were some times that i went a few weeks in a row without a loss but it all evened out in the end. Like, now, for example. I didnt really lose anything in December until early January. Maybe 1 or 2 lbs. Then the past 2 weeks i just dropped 5 lbs. It all evens out at some point for me.
  • jeniferklingerman
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the encouragement. i needed it.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Give it a week or two, if no progress is made, eat more =)

i agree - I don't know your stats, but I am 5'2", the same age as you, and weigh 124. I eat 1650 - 1900 calories a day, depending upon exercise and I am still losing .25 - .5 per week (but I weigh monthly only).
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    your feelings of disappointment are natural.. We have all had them. But you will get to goal if you just stay the course and realize it is a situation of averaging out over time. I think we've all been brainwashed into thinking it is a rule that we lose every week..that is not how the body works. Stick with it and don't let yourself get down.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there, my girlfriend did not lose a single lb for the first month. She stuck with it and has lost 15 lbs since.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job so far! Stick with it and you will see results. Have you done your measurements?