What do you take to work for lunch?

Options
MrsLg
MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
Just looking for some new ideas on what I can pack for lunch. Any high protein ones welcome too!

Replies

• Katrina090
    Katrina090 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favourite at the minute is wraps with ham and salad
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    leftovers!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers from the night before and a salad.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I usually do left overs or soup. Once a week I try to make a crockpot soup for my lunches...yum!
  • andrahestia
    andrahestia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I take a larger pot with either pasta (wholewheat with tomato based sauce and veggies), home-made vegetable lasagne leftovers, vegetable chilli con carne, cous cous, soup etc. Then I take a small pot for natural yoghurt/peanut butter and a pot of fruit. I usually snack a lot on crisps/sweets/chocolate so the carbs help me feel full and fruit gives me a needed sugar kick.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Right now I am going through my stock of lean cusine turkey breast with cinamon apples..lol. But other days I will take leftovers with some greek yogurt , Skinny Cow heavenly crisp bars ( Costo sells a variety pack..very yummy!) or fresh fruit like an apple or some grapes.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've REALLY been on a salad kick for lunches lately. Love 'em! Usually with grilled chicken breast on them. Super yummy with good protein!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Bump - I need new ideas too.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Every day I have oatmeal (plain with cinnamon and no sugar) banana, and 2 other pieces of fruit. Everything else varies. Sometimes left over meals and sometimes frozen entrees. And snacks. My calorie goal is high since I am not trying to lose weight and I am increasing my workout routine.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
    1/2 Cup Tuna (in water only)
    Salad (Tomato, Cucumber, Lettuce) with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise + 1/2 tbsp olive oil.

2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
    1 Avacado, cheese and turkey slices.

2 slices of turkey
    Sliced lettuce and tomato
    2 teaspoons of mayonnaise
    1 whole wheat bread wrap
    1 apple

1 large tossed salad with 2 tbps dressing
    1/2 cup of tuna salad
    16 low-fat wheat thin crackers
    I eat Kashi Go Lean for breakfast that has 13 grams of protein and depending on what milk you eat it with, that is another 8. Then I usually have a Chobani Yogurt Strawberry Banana for a midmorning snack. with 14 grams of protein. Then for lunch I like to eat tuna salad with fat free miracle whip and a little pickle relish. Sometime I eat it with crackers. Hope this helps.

Stephanie E
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like to make a nice tuna salad: one can of tuna belly in oil, 1/8th of an onion, and .25 tablespoons of mayonaise. Salt and pepper to taste. I then eat this with one thickly-sliced hothouse cucumber (making little sandwiches). When I finish the tuna, I finish the cucumbers off with a tablespoon of seaweed rice seasoning.

288 calories. 15 carbs. 11 fat. 32 protein.

Sooo delicious!
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't. Where I work taking food to work is hard, and honestly, I find that the 1 hour off from work helps reduce stress enough that it is worth more to me for that than anything else.
    Now, that said, I try to eat as paleo as I can in restaurants. When we go out I TRY to stay away from processed, I try to get a meat, a veggie and a fruit or bread or something. I keep it low cal, a lot of these 550 cal lunches are amazing and still under $10 (still high in sodium though).
    While it may no be the BEST, I have lost 30lbs, so I have to figure it is not bad, requires very little preparation on my part, and can adjust for any situation.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I practically live on salmon fillets. 20 minutes in the oven while I shower in the morning, then I eat the cold at lunch time. Usually with a mixed salad. 140g fillet = 280 calories; 27 protein; 18 fat. 100% yummy :smile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I Love home made chicken noodle soup (cook 2 large chicken beasts in chicken stock, take out shred with 2 forks, put it back in, season lots, add sage. Take off the heat and cool. Stir in 3 eggs and some egg noodles. Tub up. The egg and egg noodles will cook through as you nicrowave. Only needs a few minutes. I get egg noodles with spring onions. Really filling. Does 3 portions, around 250 cals and 30g protein per bowl. Not many carbs.

Home made pea and ham soup. Smoked bacon works great with this. Got protein from the peas and the bacon and lots of fiber in the peas to keep you full. 250 cals per bowl and 20+ protein. Not many carbs.

Tuna / chicken or egg salad

I'm a huge fan of a big bowl of Greek yogurt (fage... Great macros) with a little drizzle of honey and some berries.

Zara x
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I take a sandwich made out wholewheat seeded bread with either turkey breast or tuna canned in water, with a little low fat olive spread and plenty of cucumber. With it I have a granola bar, a string cheese and an apple, and a cup of peppermint tea.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Same thing every day. I throw baby salad greens in a tupperware container, shake on a tablespoon of Lite Caesar dressing and throw a chunk of meat on top. I take this and an apple. The only thing that varies is the meat. I keep a few cans of tuna in my bag in case there's no meat in the fridge in the morning.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    almost always leftovers. Once in a blue moon a Smart Ones meal.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I work 2nd shift as a nurse
    Lean Pocket
    Raw carrots
    Diet Coke
    Water
    A little something chocolate to stave off the craving
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't like to plan lunch, so every work day it is an Atkin's shake and a large apple. Keeps me satisfied until supper.