joined today

Options
My friend recommended this site after they lost 20 lbs using the site. I have a goal to lose 30 lbs set for myself which is more than I've ever lost, but I imagine it can be done. I'm getting married sometime later this year and I'd LOVE to lose a size or more before then. And just for my health's sake I want to eat better!

My downfall is CHOCOLATE. I love it. And lately I've really been craving peanut butter cups. Unfortunately, they're in the machine in my break room at one of my jobs. I wish I didn't love chocolate so much though!

Ummm...what else. I guess that's it, because I really don't like talking about myself. So hullo!

Replies

• Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Only a week in myself and I think it's great! The people are really fantastic and The food chart makes it so easy to keep track of what you have eaten. Good luck !
  • missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    Hello and welcome! We are all here to help with motivation. Trust me you'll love it here. :bigsmile:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had a candy machine in my building that snared me one or more times a day. I also had a military job and they do not like overweight military members. It took me one or two months (but you may be stronger than I was), but I learned to consider the calories in that machine my enemy. I congratulated myself each day I could pass it--all day--and not buy candy. Finally, I realized that I had won! I could pass that silly machine without even looking at it! I felt so good! You can do this, too.
    Hopefully this true story gave you a laugh--which is another way of using calories. Have fun. Hugs, BJB
  • shari66
    shari66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey Torontokid2,
    I had to laugh because I happen to like those peanut butter cups myself, but have sworn off them for the duration (whatever that is! :). Anyway, if you're looking for a Canuck friend for more support during this, that would be great! This is a great site and really helping me keep track of my eating and exercise.
    Good Luck with your goals.
    Shari
  • readymomma
    readymomma Posts: 1
    Options
    just joined today too! I hope this helps me!!!! I lost 18 lbs last summer doing a protien/carb diet, but it just got too hard to keep track of it all. I have only gained back 4 lbs however, but i need to lose this last 15 to be where I want to be! Maybe just watching what I eat will do it! 1143447.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods