2/3 of the way there! 50 lbs. lost with pic

andreajp
andreajp Posts: 52 Member
Here goes nothing. I started out at the beginning of August 2012 weighing 225 lbs. I have lost 50 and would like to lose 25 more. I'm 5'7" and 52 years old (Yikes I am putting it all out there, aren't I?).

I have been overweight for a long time. I was thin until I had kids (they are 26 & 27 so I really can't blame it on baby weight anymore) and then the weight just started creeping on. About 14 years ago I lost 60 pounds and kept it off for a few years then it started creeping back on.

So in August I just decided it was time - so I logged into MFP and started tracking my food. I am diligent about doing it. I make a meal, eat it, log it. After losing about 15 lbs. I started walking. When I hit 30 lbs. I started running. I'm up to 2.5 miles (all at one time!) and hope to run in a 5K in March. Running is really the only exercise I like but I'm going to start some overall training next week.

It hasn't been easy but I can also say it really hasn't been hard either. I just made up my mind that I was not going on a diet - I was going to change the way I treated myself.

Anyway just wanted to share my accomplishment. (hope the pic thing works - if not I'll be right back...)

8439425904_de445782b2_o.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!