Staying on target when not exercising

I have been following a 1400 cal per day plan and exercise 3-4 times a week burning 600 cals cardio then a few upper body weights and stomach exercises. My problems is on the days I don't exercise I find it hard to stay under my 1400. I do like a couple of treats, but I think my problem is eating wholemeal bread. Any tips on what will fill me and still be low in calories please. Thanks . PS I've lost 3.4 kgs so far! :)

Replies

• clairet1966
    clairet1966 Posts: 5 Member
    thought someone would have given me a few tips :(
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Lots of non starchy veggies!
  • jamhy
    jamhy Posts: 4 Member
    I have this problem too. I try to eat more vegetables and fruits on those days and save my indulging for a day I'm going to work out hard. I also try to break my meals up more throughout the day so I don't feel so hungry all the time. Sometimes I just go over and accept it, especially if it is only by 100 calories or so and the 5 week estimator still says I'd lose, even if it's not as quick as I would like.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Would you find it easier if you spread the exercise calories out through the week? If you get an extra 1800-2400 a week, you could split them up between each day and eat, for example, 1700 every day. You might not know how much exercise you'll do in any given week but if you knew you were going to exercise Monday, but not Tuesday, you could split Monday's extra cals across the two days.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    I am somewhat the same way. I find that exercise and eating back some of those calories is what makes mfp work for me. Sticking to my 1650 calorie goal is possible without exercise. but, gosh..the exercise really puts me in the clear.

Just make it a mind game..that on days you don't workout..you'll cut out this or that or eat grilled fish for dinner..but you'll be able to have more the food you love the next day when you workout.

Like i want to go out to dinner tonight and not have to be too careful..so I worked out for 80 minutes to give me a cushion.
  • clairet1966
    clairet1966 Posts: 5 Member
    thanks for the tips! I think I just need to accept that as long as my weekly average stays under the little red line then eventually I WILL lose weight! :happy: